Chapter 11

"The Vytal festival! Oh this is absolutely wonderful!" said Weiss.

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss. It's kind of weirding me out."

"Ruby's got a point there. What are you up to?" I said.

Ruby asked me if I can go with her group to the vytal festival. And the good thing I said yes. It was getting boring at Beacon. And plus, my sister was pretty annoying. But the bad news was she is with is too. I just hope she doesn't embarrass me with any of my childhood stories. That would ruin everything.

"How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades, a tournament! Oh the planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breath taking." says Weiss.

Yang sighs.

"You really know how to take something and make it sound boring."

"Yep. You sure do." says Olive.

"Quiet you two."

"Remind me again why we are spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid dock." says Yang.

"Oh they smell like fish." says Ruby.

"I heard students are visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom."

"She wants to spy on them so she can have the upper hand in the tournament." says Blake.

"Ugh, you can't prove that."

"You don't know that."

"And who invited you? Mr. Smarty pants?"

"I did."

Ruby raises her hand and smiled at me. I smiled her back. Then, her smile disappears.

"Whoa... What happened here?"

I gasped as I saw a Dust shop. The window was broken and there were shattered glass all over the ground. Two cops stand by the scene. They were having a conversation.

"Robbery, second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle."

"That's terrible." says Yang.

"They left all the money again." says the cop.

"Huh?" Ruby and I said at the same time.

"Yeah, it just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much dust?"

"I don't know, an army?"

"You thinking the, uh... White Fang?"

"Yeah, I'm thinking that we're not getting paid enough."

"Hmm, the White Fang. What an offal bunch of degenerates." says Weiss.

"What's your problem?" Blake blurts out.

"My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane."

"The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided Faunus."