TEN.

~Patrick's POV~

I kept glancing at Pete the whole time when Ry and I were getting our asses kicked.

       I could tell Pete and Brendon felt sorry, I could see it in their eyes, in their body language. Brendon wasn't one to beat up anyone, I'm not so sure about Pete. They weren't going to do anything about it though, I know that too.

"Why do I have to get beat up on my first day?" Ryan asked, sniffling, voice cracking a little as I dabbed his face with toilet paper.

"I know Ry, it really sucks. Everyone here are just dickwads."

"Well, I know that, but they don't know anything about me. Why did they beat me up?"

"They're just not nice people, they judge you by what you wear or look like and automatically make assumptions about you," I said rubbing his face softly with my thumb, pushing his hair back to get to his forehead.

"Oh," Ryan said burying his head in my shoulder, his brown, soft hair tickling my neck.

It hurt so much to hear Ryan whimpering, and crying when they kicked us. He is so innocent, almost like a child, he doesn't deserve this. I can tell he's been picked on before, but I don't think this bad. Apparently he went to a Christian school before this, and there wasn't any violence, only the names people called him. Which hurt almost as much.

I heard the bathroom door swing open, followed with playful laughter.

Pete and Brendon appeared in the door way, my eyes widened, and my cheeks flushed. I grabbed Ryan's hand, his gripping onto mine like it was a life line, and tried to run through the door. Brendon stopped us, pulling us back in. I looked at Ryan who looked like he might burst into tears at any moment.

"What do you want," I spat, trying to sound intimidating, even though I was just as scared as Ryan.

"To talk," Pete muttered looking at his shoes.

"I don't believe you," I said bluntly, pulling Ryan by his hand to the door again, only to be blocked again.

Ryan looked so scared, I just wanted to rap my arms around his lanky body and never let go, so he wouldn't be. But of course, it wouldn't help him in this situation.

"We're sorry," Brendon said, eyes showing hints of guilt as he looked at Ryan and I, mostly Ryan.

Pete nodded, but didn't say anything. He looked uncomfortable, good.

"Apology not accepted," I growled, finally pulling Ryan through the door.

"You know they sounded-" Ryan said as I pulled him along, but I interrupted him.

"They aren't sorry, they're bad people Ryan."

"But-"

"No buts, like I said everyone here are dickwads. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Why don't you trust them?"

"I'll tell you when we get to my house."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"So, Pete stayed at your house, kissed you, and ditched you?" Ryan asked, long legs hiding under a blanket on my gray bed sheets.

"Pretty much," I shrugged, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"What an asshole."

I laughed at his less innocent remark.

"What?" he giggled, pushing my shoulder playfully.

"It's just kind of funny when you cuss," I chuckled.

"FUCK, SHIT, DICK, ASS, BITCH!" he screamed through my empty house.

I rolled over on my bed as I started laughing hysterically, with Ryan falling on top of me, his back on my chest. It feels nice to have a friend, a real one for once.

"You're a dork."

"I try," he grinned.

* * * * * * *

"I beg to differ," Ryan said matter a factly, pushing up the glasses that were falling of his nose.

"Coffee with no cream is better though."

"Too strong for my liking."

I rolled my eyes, downing the last sip in my coffee cup.

"Way off topic, but don't you think Brendon's sort of cute," Ryan smiled, placing his head down on his hand.

"I wouldn't mess with him, I think him and Pete are a thing. Plus that really tall guy, Dallon, has a huge crush on him," I gossiped taking out my phone, to scroll through tumblr.

"Well, he's way out of my league."

"Nah, Ryan. If anything you're out of his."

He smiled, bringing the Doctor Who coffee mug to his lips.

He gulped, setting the coffee mug down.

"But have you seen Brendon's butt? Dang just his butt is out of my league."

Same, I laughed in my head.