Chapter Ten ☺

◘◘NOT EDITED◘◘

This photo of Chris is long over due---->

◘◘◘◘CHRIS'S P.O.V◘◘◘◘

I hurried and walked out of the room. I couldn't stand to see her cry, I already know that I'm braking her heart, I didn't need to see it too.

When Avril left to go talk to Carlyle, her dad walked in. He told me that Avril was fragile and needs someone who can take care of her. And obviously I can't do that. So he told me that the best thing to do was reject her, because she wouldn't reject me. I knew that she wouldn't reject me, and if she's better off after I reject her then that's the best.

I'm a horrible mate. Why did I have to be an omega? None of this would have happened and my mates father would like me. And my mate wouldn't have to have such a weak mate. This is all my fault.

I still can't believe I just did that.

"Hey, Chris, Where's Avril?" I hear John ask from next to me.

"I-I I don't know." I stutter.

"Oh, well I just wanted to tell her thanks for getting me to break up with my girlfriend. I basically fell into Carlyle's room apologizing to her. It was epic." He tells me smiling. John is the only one in my pack that actually talked to me like a civilized wolf.

"Oh, well that's nice." I say.

"Hey man, what's up?" He asked me.

"Nothing. It's not your problem, so there for you shouldn't be burdened with it." I tell him.

"Come on man, we're friends. And our mates are friends too. So that means we have to be friends." He tells me. When I found out Avril was my mate the only one I contacted through the mind link was John. No-one else would really care.

"No, Your mate and Avril are friends, I have nothing to do with it." I tell him, still walking.

"Did she reject you?!? After getting mad at me for having a girl friend and going on about mates, she turns and rejects her own!!!" He yells.

I can't let Avril take the blame for this that would be cruel. "No, John, I rejected her." I tell him.

"What?!? Why?!?" He asks.

"Cause her dad said it's what's best for her. And I want whats best for her." I tell him.

"Man having a mate is the most important thing in the world, and you just threw away the one that would have always loved you, everything aside." He tells me.

"No. I gave her up for her own good, I wouldn't have been anything for her. She needs someone to take care of her, and I'm not that person." I tell him.

"Bro, she can take care of herself. Trust me, she could have killed me with how mad she was when she found out I had a girlfriend. She can take on a lot. She doesn't need you to do it for her. All she needs is your support and your love, forget about what her dad said, because in the end, he doesn't matter, only you and Avril do." He tells me then walks off trying to be a boss.

"Shit." I whisper and walk into the kitchen searching for Carlyle to ask where she went. I guess what John said had some impact on me, cause I really don't want to leave her alone.

"Hey Carlyle, have you seen Avril?" I ask her.

"Nope, why?" She asks.

"Uh, I need to ask her something." Not a total lie, I just didn't elaborate.

"Okay..." She says and grabs a fruit roll up from the cupboard. "So what's the real reason you need to talk to her? Hmm?" She asks me.

"Avril just broke the mind link." Avril's dad Rob comes running in.