Chapter 6

I found my mother sitting in the library; I knew exactly what she was going to tell me. Lucy needs to get an education; it’s not fair on her if she doesn’t get the choice to go to school and be normal, to have a chance in the real world without you. I knew I was going to have to let her go to school eventually.

​            “Mother” I said curtly. Her head turned slowly round to where I was standing as a smile lit up her face.

​            “Oh good Jay, you came. Now I need to talk about your lovely mate. She needs to go to school like every other girl her age. So for me to enrol her I need to know if she can read and write. I also need to know her birthday.” She informed me, before looking back at her book. “And she needs clothes which fit her.”

​            “Mother she barely looks at me, how am I meant to get her to give me this information, she is a stupid child at the best of times.” I told her; annoyed that she was taking a sudden interest in MY mate.

​            “I raised you better than that. Anyway she is very polite. I talked to her this morning, and I will not have you keeping her locked up in this house all day when she should be out playing and enjoying her childhood. I am enrolling her on Monday so have the information for me. And before you ask no I am not concerned about her running away, because it is very likely she has no education, money, and contacts or anyway of getting help. Also all the police in this town belong to the pack, so even if she did and she went to the police for help they would bring her right back here.” She scolded me. "Now go find out her birthday and if she's ever been to school". I walked to my office in the pack house, only to find a small pile of belongings on my table. There was a note next to the items.

'Alpha, these are what we found in the rogues bags which could belong or mean something to the Luna. There were no clothes, or money in the bags.'

I picked up the items which consisted of a ragged doll, a photo album, a sketch book and a pack of cards. But of course no identification. I grabbed my school back pack, and put the items inside. I then headed for my room, which is where Lucy was staying. I carefully opened the door and walked over to my mate. It was time we went home. I gently picked her up and cradled her to my chest. A purr of appreciation escaped me as her small body curled in towards mine. It wasn't until her one if her hands gripped my t-shirt that I realized she was having a bad dream. Pure horror swept over me, as I realized that I couldn't save her from what was scaring her. We walked over to my car where I carefully placed her in, and child safety locked the door so that if she woke up she couldn't jump out of the car. Once we arrived at my house, which had been my parents until I had taken over role of Alpha. When the thrum of the car engine diapered, the sound of heavy breathing reached my ears. I tuned to see my mate pushing herself up against the seat, fear embedded in her eyes. 

"Lucy, calm down. Everything's all right" I told her, hoping the fear would subside quickly. She looked at me wide eyed, before letting out a blood curdling scream. "Lucy, snap out of it" I yelled above the racket of her screams, and futile attempts to get out of the car.  When I realized that she wouldn't relax by herself. I allowed my mind to wonder into hers, her thoughts were stuck on a circuit. She was watching a nightmare repeat; one minute she was playing happily with her family, the next minute there I was standing. Her families mutated body's lay dead on the ground in front of her, and her body was positioned safely in my arms. I snapped back to reality, and begun climbing to the back row. Her body somehow managed to squish closer to the door of the car in fear. I reached my arms out and encircled her flailing body and pulled it into my body. Holding her felt amazing, even with her body fighting every inch if mine. It took ten minutes of me whispering calming words, and holding her tight to me for her to relax, and fall asleep in my arms. I lifted her unconscious body and walked towards the house. I quickly opened the door and walked to the spare bedroom next to mine, the single bed was in the centre of the room up against the back wall, there was a desk up against the far wall. I placed the sleeping Lucy under the covers, and stepped away. Almost instantaneously small whimpers began to fly freely from her lips. The further away I stepped, as I walked out of the room and to mine. The louder the whimpers got, by the time I reached the kitchen to get some food, full screams were echoing through the house, the once silence house was filled with whimpers and screams. It was a nightmare come true, having to listen to my mates screams. I began sprinting back to my mate’s side; the sandwich having to wait till my mate was smiling, and not screaming. I entered the room and flung myself at the screaming figure of Lucy, I scooped her up in my arms and held her tight to me as her screams subsided, and her whimpers stopped. I got up and went to leave when her whimpers began again, and I realized she didn't want me to go. Or her body didn't want me to leave. I picked her up yet again and cuddled her to my chest while walking towards my room. I placed her under the covers of my bed, and watched her for a while. Then I got up and changed into my pajamas, minus a top. I hated keeping with a top on, I fact I hate wearing tops. I jumped in bed next to her, and held her crying body to mine.

A/N sorry for the mistakes in it. I will try and fix it later