Chapter 9

(A/N) Ayee! Here's something new :3

____________________________________
Patrick's POV

I giggle and cover my mouth with my hand when I watch Pete's reaction to what I have done.

I had arranged a picnic. My childhood friend Tyler had helped me with this, and I'm so thankful for him. We'd spread a red blanket to grass and set candle cups all around it, holding the blanket still, and in the left corner of the blanket was basket full of food, like pizza and stuff, I know how much Pete likes pizza. I'd also got us some waffles, he loves them too.

Pete gasped silently and then jumped into air. He looked so happy I'm not sure how he could hold all of the happiness he suddenly radiates. After jumping a little while he runs squealing to the food basket and practically screams. I giggle at his reaction, I didn't believe he'd like the food that much. Pete then runs to me and collapses to my arms into a tight hug. I hug him back tightly, and press a quick kiss on his cheek.

-How...? I mean... Why? ...How...?" Pete mumbles completely stunned and I just smile.

-Hmm... I thought you'd like this" I hum happily.

-Oh yes I do... I love it!" He sounds now really excited, like a little boy over a new toy. I let him go and we walk to the blanket slowly. Pete slides his hand into mine, and I squeeze it gently. Now we're at the blanket. I kick my shoes off and sit on the corner of it, Pete following me soon after. I take the basket, since it's closer to me, and open the lid. The smell of food spreads everywhere, and we start eating.

Pete grabs a piece of pizza and I take a waffle, I like them now that I've tasted one. It reminds me of yesterday, and it brings me down a little, how Pete was so frightened me just touching his shoulder. I start thinking about my own father, and it brings me down a little more.

My father is a good man, really. He just shows it a little, weirdly, might I say? He never let us eat anything sweet, and almost everything we ate was vegetarian. I was never allowed to play with the other kids, "It would be too dangerous", he always said to me. He didn't react well about me coming out as gay. He was so mad about it he even hit me once. "This is the reason I never let you out! You got sick! You sick animal can never live here again!" He yelled at me before kicking me out soon after I'd came out.

Pete has noticed me being so silent, and he taps my arm gently.

-What's wrong? You seem so quiet" he asks, and I lift a small smile on my face.

-I'm fine, I just slipped away thinking stuff, but it's nothing bad, really" I assure him and continue eating, taking small bites out of my waffle that's now cold, he just nods a little and keeps munching the pizza slice fastly, I think it's his like third or fourth. I'm glad he doesn't bother to worry about this, I'm really fine now. There should be nothing wrong nowadays.

Time runs quickly, and soon it's dark, and chilly, Pete is shaking. I hum happily, open the basket and pull out a huge black blanket, I knew we'd need it. Pete scoots closer to me and I curl up right next to him, as close as I can. He pulls the blanket over us and rests his other arm on my side. He's so warm I try to get even closer, I'm really cold now, he rolls his arm over my hand and pulls me closer. He still radiates the happiness from earlier, and I get happy too. I start humming quietly, and I feel how Pete starts listening to the song.

-I've made it myself" I answer quietly to an unasked question, I can feel it flowing in the air.

-Mmm... I only write lyrics, I'm not that good with instruments" he answers and stays silent. Wait. Is he maybe thinking the same as me?

-Hmm....Maybe we could sometimes try to do a song together?" I ask him quietly, feeling positive he doesn't want to. To my surprise he nods and mumbles quietly:

-Yeah, sure" I'm now happier than probably ever before and I ask him exitedly:

-Maybe some day? Next monday?" I ask exitedly, he nods again. He seems exited too, I hear it from his voice when he says a little louder:

-Yeah! Next monday, four o'clock, Cat Café, I know a place near to it we can practice, it has all instruments we'll probably need.

____________________________________

(A/N) Yeet! This is getting kinda exiting, right?? :3

~Pluto out x33