15.

[Namjoon]

Four weeks later.

I stood at my window watching Jin as he struggled to haul his shopping inside. I found it slightly amusing, but I couldn't help but feel guilty for feeling like that.

I hadn't spoken to Jin in four weeks, unless you include the awkward encounter last week where nothing but weak smiles were exchanged.

I sighed as Jin finally entered the building. The urge to go and help him out was unusually strong but I ignored it, instead sitting on my sofa. I put on the TV though I didn't pay attention to what was on the small screen.

My mind was occupied with thoughts that didn't make sense. I sighed heavily, closing my eyes in the hope of finding some peace. I was on the verge of falling asleep when I heard a loud crash followed by multiple curses.

I jumped up and ran to my front door. It wouldn't take a genius to guess who was in trouble, which made me hesitant. What if he denied my help?

I didn't want to look like an idiot as I still had my pride to take care of. There was another bang which made me jump again. I stopped thinking and pulled open my front door.

The sight in front of me was very different to how I imagined it. Jin was cowering on the floor while an older man stood, glaring at him. Neither of the two had realised my presence. I wanted to retreat back into my flat but something told me that was a bad idea.

"Who are yo-" Jin's timid voice was cut off. "DON'T FUCKING PRETEND, YOU IDIOT." The man rose his arm, and before I could think, I jumped forward and grabbed his wrist just before he could hit Jin.

The hallway fell silent. The man turned to me, confused and angry. "Let go." He demanded, strangely calmly. I didn't budge. The man laughed, spit flying into my face. I pulled back with my eyes shut, my grasp still tight on the man's wrist.

I heard quiet muffled cries, making my eyes fling open. I saw Jin covering his mouth, crying as the man kicked his stomach. I mentally kicked myself for not noticing sooner.

I let go of the man and he fell back from the lack of support. I took the moment to pull Jin up and drag him into my apartment. I slammed the door and we both sighed in relief.

It was silent for a few moments before I decided to speak.

"What the fuck?"

--

double update whattt

I felt the need to update since I reached 2k reads.

Thank you:))