18.

[Jin]

My first thought was to ignore it. Namjoon was trying to get to me and I didn't want to give in.

But he kept playing music for over 3 hours. It was slowly getting louder and I was unsure of how nobody else had complained yet. I covered my ears, trying to drown out the loud music.

He had been repeating the same song the whole time, and I was sure I could now recite the lyrics back to front on paper. The music got slightly louder again and I prayed that his speakers would eventually malfunction. I sat in the corner of my room, earmuffs on my head and hidden under three thick blankets.

It didn't help.

Instead I was not only going deaf, but slowly melting under the warmth. The music got louder again and I only just about heard the loud bangs on my door. I got up and opened the door to see the whole of the buildings residents outside with angry faces.

"TELL THE DICKHEAD TO TURN IT OFF!" An old women shouted so loud that I was afraid her lungs would fall out. I pointed to myself and the whole crowd nodded. "IF YOU'RE JIN, THEN HE SAID HE'LL ONLY TURN IT OFF IF YOU TELL HIM TOO. SO FUCKING DO IT."

I flinched at the man's harsh tone but nodded and pushed through the people and up to Namjoon's door. It opened almost immediately revealing Namjoon. He looked tired and in pain, probably from the music. "Yeah?" I could make out the words he said by reading his lips. "TURN THE MUSIC OFF." I yelled. To my surprise he nodded.

He pointed to me so I presumed he wanted me to do it. I ran into his flat and shut of the speakers. There was a moment of silence before the crowd outside all began yelling in anger. I saw Namjoon slam the door in their faces and lean against the wall.

"Are you trying to get kicked out or something?" I said, almost telling him off. He shook his head but it seemed weak. "I wanted to say sorry." His voice was smaller than I had ever heard it. "This was the worse way to do it. Why couldn't you just tell me without causing a commotion?"

He shook his head which made me confused but he suddenly bolted to the bathroom, quickly followed by the sound of him vomiting. "Ew." I said, walking to the bathroom.

He was collapsed by the toilet, throwing up what seemed to be the whole contents of his stomach. There were tears falling down his cheeks and his body was shaking. I had never seen him so vulnerable, and I never thought I would.

I approached him slowly and crouched down to his height. He finished throwing up and looked down at the floor. I sighed and leant over to flush the toilet. I could hear him hiccuping and sniffing. I pulled back and pulled him to his feet.

He clung onto me as if I was his life support. "Sorry." He croaked out, his voice scratchy and deep. I nodded and lead him over to his sofa. After sitting him down I noticed the pile of chocolate wrappers lying on the floor. "Oh." I said, quietly.

I turned back and saw Namjoon looking ashamed as he played with his fingers.

--

chocolate is gr8 m8