Chapter Seven (Picture of Makynze)

Katelin doesn't say anything. Just sits on the phone sobbing. I'm silent, but it's not the "I don't know what to say" silent. It's the "I'm going to sit here and let you cry until you tell me what happened" silent. My best friend on the phone crying isn't something that happens often. Katelin has cried in front of me, but never on the phone at almost 11 at night.

She stops sobbing, but is still crying. She steadies her breathing to where she occasionally hiccups. "Whats wrong?" I come to make myself say.

She sniffles and starts crying again. We sit there for a minute or two. "Drake" she says and starts whimpering. Drake is Katelin's boyfriend of a year now.

"What did he do babe?"

Still whimpering she manages to push the words out of her mouth. "He was on his way to surprise me..." She starts sobbing again.

After a while she picks up where she left off. "A drunk driver hit him....an...and he, he's in the hospital." My heart sinks. This boy is like a brother to me.

"Is he okay?" I say with worry.

"I don't know. Will you go with me to see him? He is over two towns, it will take about and hour and a half to get there." I mean I couldn't say no to her. She is a mess, I can't just leave her at a time like this.

"Yeah...get your stuff together, we are staying with him tonight. I will be there in 20." I say hastily and hang up. Since it's about midnight now, no one is up. I grab some black leggings and a small blanket, charger, and my headphones. I put them in my Nike bag and run downstairs. I grab a piece of paper and write a note saying I'm with Katelin at the hospital, and I won't be at school. I run out the door and walk to Katelin's.

When I come to her porch she opens the door before I can knock. She rushes outside with a bag and her keys. We get into her car and drive to the hospital.

We get to the hospital after a long worrisome car ride. We run in with our bags and go to the main desk. The lady tells us that Drake is in ICU and he can't have visitors right now. Katelin breaks down. Seeing her like this causes me to break apart too. We go to the waiting room and sit on the couch.
We wait.
And wait.
And wait.

It's about 10 in the morning when we start getting tons of calls. Anthony called and texted me 15 times. Makynze texted Katelin and I about 23 times each. Both worried about where we are, and why we aren't at school.

To:Anthony 😍💕
We are at the hospital two towns over. We are okay. Drake got into a accident.

My fingers type rapidly. I press send and within seconds my phone starts to ring.

From:Anthony😍💕
Who is Drake? Is he okay? I will be there in an hour.

Even though this is a sad situation, I find it adorable how Anthony is coming all this way, not even knowing who Drake is, and that he cares so much.

To:Anthony😍💕
Drake is basically my brother. We don't know how he is doing....the doctors haven't said anything to us yet. It's a hour and a half drive? You don't have to come all the way out here.

I've known Drake for a long time now. He has blonde hair with brown eyes that could pass for being black. He has olive skin and is about 5'11. I haven't seen him for about two months. He is a grade ahead of us but is our age though, I guess he skipped a grade or something..we never really ask him about it.

From:Anthony😍💕
I'm sorry...I am coming out there and I will make it a hour drive. See you soon. Makynze is with me, is it okay if she comes?

The fact that Makynze is with him overwhelms me. But she went to school with Drake when we were younger too. Katelin and I could use the support of our best friends.