That Boy Once Known

As she stood there silently, thoughts raced through her head. But then calmed down once she had flashback.
It was before she barely turned 16. Her father had left her at the Victoriano estate when she was 8. Her father was abusive to her but never her mother. Kristopher Woodsworth. Although her father was usually gone to fight she never had good memories. Eight years later a tray of food that looked non-edible was shoved into her grip by Mr.Victoriano. With a yelled command to go down to the basement but no reason why. Before she was never allowed to go downstairs to the basement. She silently went down pausing at the silhouette behind the thin sheet. She walked toward it nearly dropping the tray. There stood in front of her a man with bandages all over his head. Wearing a striped button up shirt and slacks with some dress up shoes. His clothing stained with blood here and there but otherwise somewhat clean. He looked up sensing someone else was in the room and turned slightly very pale green eyes glaring coldly at the person but then softening. It was a girl. But more importantly a girl he knew well. He thought she had left a long time ago after his bastard of a father told everyone that his son had died. But there she stood surprised and shocked at the sight...Of Ruben Victoriano.
The female detective shook her head of those thoughts as she stood there lost in a sea of tall flowers. She gently touched the yellow petals of one near her. Pain still struck her body but she ignored it to admire the beauty of these flowers.