GOODIES {Chapter Five}

I stopped in front of a pile of leaves. I threw on some more wood and so did Rue. 'Light this one first.' I said turning to her. She nodded but I could see she was scared. 'It'll be okay, I will see you soon.' 

'How will I know where to meet you?' I didn't reply. 'Wait. I have an idea.' Then Rue proceeded to whistle a lovely tune. Then it was relayed a thousand times.

'What is that?' I asked. 

'Mokingjays.' She said, smiling. 

'So I just do that and then we can find each other.' Rue nodded and began to walk towards the first pile of wood. 

I ran until I reached my hiding spot, just in view of the goodies and the cornucopia. I saw a boy with a spear that didn't look too threatening and then there was Marvel with Cato in a headlock. Marvel was speaking to Cato with a mean expression. 

My heart went into hyper speed. How could I get some supplies and get Cato? Before I could even make a move. Marvel pointed to some thing. I turned and saw smoke, our plan was working. 

Marvel told the boy to stay guard and Marvel took Cato. I didn't know what to do. 

Cato.

Or.

Rue.

As soon as a Marvel went into the woods Foxface ran from the bushes and started running towards the supplies, but she kept on jumping around something. Then I realized the trap. 

The boy spotted Foxface but she was already off into the forest, he followed her. 

I pulled my bow out with an arrow and aimed. Then I was jolted forward and the bow fell from my hands. I spun around quickly.