Chapter 2

~It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.~

Aristotle Onassis

--------------
~Melanie Pov~

"How were you engaged? Aren't you 16?" Oliver growled out with a confused and slight pissed off face.

"You have some explaining to do." Alpha Blake said while glancing at Oliver for a brief second.

I sighed and the flood of memories came crashing back. I had sworn to leave Gage Blackthorne in the past and never to bring him up again. I guess I didn't have a choice now.

I raised my eyes to Alpha Aria's soft ones.

"We can't help you hun if you don't tell us what's going on." Alpha Aria said warmly, rubbing my back softly.

I huffed and absent-mindedly ran my hands through my tangled hair flipping it over to the other side, trying to grasp my thoughts.

I began to finally speak up, deciding to start from the beginning.

"When I was little my father and his best friend had arranged for their children to marry once of age. As I grew up that's all that was drilled into my head. That I was to marry Gage Blackthorne. In my father's eyes he was perfect, everything a dad could ask for in his future son-in-law. He was the perfect angel to my parents, his parents, hell everyone loved him....."

I paused and took in a deep breathe before continuing. I couldn't look anyone in the eyes, so my gaze was casted down.

"....but me. Gage is 2 years older than me. So my father and step mother, you all knew as Sage, made Gage and I start to get to know eachother around the age of 14, he being 16 at the time. I never really got to talk to Gage on a personal level ever. We were always on the opposite sides of the room whenever our families were together. But now they threw us in a room together and said we have to get to know our future husband/wife."

"What they never told me was how much of a phsycopath Gage really was. The second our parents closed the bedroom door to my room, it was like he flipped a switch. The once warm eyes turned into hateful black ones." I murmured, shuddering as I remembered the evil and scary look in his eyes. The way he stalked over to me like a predator does to a prey.

At this point Aria was full on hugging my sides.

"Gage came over every evening to spend "quality" time together. Every evening was the same. If I said something wrong he would slap me. If I wore the wrong color he would punch me. And if another guy looked at me for too long, he would throw me down and kick me till I was numb. He threatened to hurt my family if I ever told anyone. And knowing how crazy he was, I knew he was capable of doing so. So when we were around my parents, well mostly his parents I had to be on my best behavior. Around this time my dad was infatuated with Sage so he didn't really pay me any attention. I wore make up to cover my bruises and scars." I whispered the last part while wiping a traitor tear from my eyes.

"How long did this go on for?" Alpha Blake asked in a strained voice.

"....up until I came to this pack. For 2 years."

"Why didn't you speak up! Tell anyone?!?" Alpha Blake in disbelief.

"My father was the Alpha. No one would go against their Alphas favorite person." I answered as I finally looked up from the floor for the first time.

The Big Bad True Alpha had unshead tears in his eye. So did everyone else in the room.

All of a sudden Shawn walked out of the room slamming the door behind him. Oliver sighed and went after him. Whoa! I didn't expect that much of a reaction.