Chapter One

Analyn's POV: 

      Thank God it's Friday. I hate school. There are always so many people, couples in the hallway, teachers trying to call your parents. Like dang no chill what so ever. I look at the time and quickly throw on a white crop top, black ripped skinny jeans, and my Adidas jacket which I zipped up halfway. I throw on my socks with my white converse. I brush my long, fine, light brown hair and leave it down as I always would. I add a bit of makeup and head downstairs. People call me the "Shy Tumblr Girl." Not only because I look like one, I act like one. 

     I'm an only child. I use to have a little sister but she died with a rare heart disease at the age of seven. She had looked just like me. Small figure, green eyes, light brown hair, and a shy smile. She was the cutest thing ever. She was a bright child and we were so close. Her and I were only two years apart. My mom and dad are divorced. I never really liked my mom because she was never around. She would always go to clubs, hook up with guys, and do drugs. She sounds like a rebellious teenager. 

      I live with my dad and stepmom, Melissa. She has no kids at all. I like living with them better than I did with my mom. We live in a nice two story house, which is a little big. It really is a beautiful house. One thing I don't like about my life is being knowns as "Jonathan Reyes' daughter". Just because he owns the biggest performing arts company in Southern California, it doesn't mean anything. I'm in the performing arts field myself. I do dancing because I am forced to. But I'm usually out and about penny boarding. 

"Good morning Analyn." Melissa greets me. "Having breakfast today?" 

"I'll just grab coffee on my way out. Thanks though." I grab my backpack and keys. Plus my penny board and make my way to McDonalds. I love their coffee. I payed for it and went to school. 

     I go to Ridgeway High School. We have all your average students with stories behind them. I don't ask much about anyone. And no one asks much about me. I don't hate anyone except for this one boy. Pure hatred. I can't even stand him. He's in Chemistry with me. Let me introduce you to, Popular Dancer Boy, Gabe De Guzman. 

     The story behind my hatred is pretty simple. He was my best friend before we started high school. We were basically inseparable. He had helped me get through a lot when my sister died. He would always hug me and make me ice cream sundaes every time I was upset. He also was my first kiss in eighth grade. But high school came along and he got more fame, and left me behind in the shadows. Now every morning, I have to see his face because Chemistry is first period. 

"Hey Lyn." My best friend, Lani came up to me as I was opening my locker. 

"Hey." I pulled out my Chemistry book and put my board inside my locker. It fits surprisingly. 

     Lani and I are total opposites. She's outgoing and adventurous. I'm shy and quiet. The only time I'm loud is when I'm by myself because I know no one is judging me. Lani's real name is Leilani. We've been friends since fifth grade and have been going strong ever since. She has pretty silky black hair that goes up to her waist, brown eyes, and a little bit taller than me. Lani also has very nice features. She was really pretty and was usually so quirky. But, she also is a badchick. She's known for skipping class, sneaking in abandoned places, holding huge parties in her parents mansion, and has been suspended a couple of times. But she's a really nice person deep down. 

"You're still taking Chemistry?" She asks me. 

"Why would I stop taking it?" I question her question. 

"Only because Gabe De Guzman is in that class." Lani mentions his name. 

"But I like Chemistry. I don't care about Gabe." I roll my eyes at her. 

"Word has it, he likes you. Well for the past two years." She whispers. 

"Well, I don't like him. Lani, don't even mention his name. The first thing I have to see when I walk in that class is his face." I groan. 

"Analyn, he is the hottest guy at our school. Well, his friend Sean is cute too, but that's not the point." She tugged on my arm. 

"All his friends are cute. They're really nice people." I think about his friends. The bell rings and students make their way to class.

"Well, have fun. See ya later." Lani had English but she was going the wrong way. 

"Lani, Mr.Neil's room is that way." I point to the right. 

"I know! I'm ditching first and second period. We have a essay due and I didn't do it. Oh and we had a final exam and ya girl didn't study." She disappears into the crowd of students. Oh how I love her to death. I make my way to class and sit in the back. All the way in the back. And here I am, sitting here for a good hour. 

A/N: I know it doesn't have much detail but it's the first chapter. Vote/Comment/Follow