Chapter 3

The game had officially started. Harry started doing stretches as a joke. I stared at him in disbelief.

“Hurry up Styles, I’m not here all day” I stated in frustration. He had driven me to breaking point and now I just wanted to beat him so he would shut up. And even though I wanted Harry to kiss me, I didn’t want him to know that. In fact, the moment the words came out of my mouth I had already regretted it. I knew he would never let this go, that he would tease and torment me about every day of my life. Because that’s what he did. He teased me all the time. And today it just happened to be about Trey. All I told him was that I wanted to hook up with him, and now it had turned into this big fiasco.

I grabbed the ball and bat and served the ball at Harry. The ball came back and forth a few times until Harry suddenly smashed the ball and it flew past me. I stared at him in disbelief.

“That’s right Taz, I’ve been practicing” He stated proudly.

“Just shut it and serve the ball” I said, throwing the ball in his direction. I was majorly screwed and I knew it. We continued to play the game, each time Harry coming out on top. It came down to the last serve and the score was twenty to five, Harry having twenty points. Harry served the ball which I then returned, but to my disappointment, Harry was a lot quicker than me and he smashed the ball back allowing him to win. Harry lifted his hands up in the air in pride.

“So, who is it?” He asked bluntly.

“Trey” I replied. He smiled knowingly before starting to walk towards me. When he finally reached me, he grabbed my hand and quickly pulled me towards him, forcing me to fall into his arms and luckily out of the view of all my friends. In a haste, he then locked lips with mine, kissing me passionately as his hands slid from my upper back to my butt. I kiss him back, allowing his soft lips to join mine as we entwined in our heated embrace. Slowly, he pulled away, just far enough so he could whisper to me.

“I would’ve kissed you regardless of whether I won or not, all you ever have to do is ask.” He whispered. Continuing on, he said “But just to let you know, you’re better than him Tara. You are worth so much more than a guy like Trey. Be careful, ok?” He warned me before suddenly pulling away from me so we were about a metre away. It’s like he timed it perfectly because two moments later, my best friend Lauren walked in.

“That’s where you’ve been! Come on, the party is not the same without you. Plus, I think Trey’s looking for you” She said whilst she suddenly grabbed my arm and started to pull me away. I walked off with her, turning back and watching Harry stare at me as I walked away.