Chapter 16

I kept playing with the note from Lou over and over. I didn't know why it was worrying me so much, but for some reason I could just sense something was wrong.

Harry and Anne were still deep in conversation. Actually, it was more like Anne was constantly questioning Harry and Harry was giving the most vague and ambiguous answers ever. I seriously didn't know why he was in such a bad mood. Especially after last night, I thought he'd at least be a little happy. 

But he wasn't. And that killed me. Had I done something wrong? 

I joined Harry and Anne on the couch, passing Harry the note on my way. Harry took one look at the note and just shrugged. He obviously had no idea what was happening. And neither had I. I felt so pointless. 

After waiting for an hour for Lou and El to get home, I finally gave in. I stormed into Harry's room, put on clothes and made myself look presentable. I walked in to the lounge and interupted Harry and Anne. 

"Uh, I need to go... now." I said. Harry looked at me in confusion. 

"Where are you going?" He questionned. 

I thought for a second, "Work texted me, I need to go pick up something, it's urgent". I squirmed a bit. I hated having to lie to Harry and if he weren't in such a bad mood, he probably would have picked it up by now. But right now, he was already deep in thought and lost in his own world. 

I started to head off to the door before he interrupted  me once more. 

"Wait... Do you want me to like go with you or call in some security for you? The paps will probably be pretty bad." He commented. 

"I'll be fine" I said as I walked out the door, stealing Harry's car keys on the way. I went to the garage and started to drive his car out of the driveway. I did that as quickly as I could just in case Harry changed his mind and came to chase after me or unless he realised that I had just lied to him. 

Either way, the moment I left Harry's driveway, I was bombarded by paps running after the car and photographers trying to take sneaky photos. I completely ignored them and drove to my desired destination. 

Two minutes later, I had arrived where I needed to be. I got out of the car and walked to the door. I hesitated before knocking on the door. Taking a deep breath, I did it anyway. 

I waited a couple of moments before the door opened. I could smell drugs coming out of the room, but for some reason, he didn't look stoned at all.

A massive grin came on his face, "I knew you couldn't stay away from me".