Forever Lonely... Chapter 7

Soon enough it was the day before I was turning 16, and to be honest it was a nightmare. First dad said that he couldn’t make it back in time since the summers heat made the car battery melt.

I knew I shouldn’t have expected anything of him he always lets me down one-way or another.

I flopped on my bed back first and stared at the ceiling. It was January, the start of summer, a day before my 16th birthday, 3 months before I start at a new school. I groaned and flipped myself on to my stomach. I fiddled with my top blanket before looking outside it was warm and sunny.

I jumped off my bed and grabbed my runners and ran out the door. My estimation about the wether was really off, it seemed warm when it was blistering hot, and the sun felt like burning sticks piercing into my skin.

I ignored the hotness and the sun and started jogging, by the time I got to the end of the street beads of sweat started rolling down my forehead, I wiped my head with the back of my hand and walked back home, there was no way I could have a run in this heat.

The rest of the day i stayed inside and enjoyed the last hours of being 15.

the morning of my birthday was the same as yesterday morning. I woke up put on my runners and ran to the end of the street before I felt worn out, and again I turned around and went back home.

As I reached the start of my driveway a shadow came out from the front porch, I looked up and saw it was the guy that I saw in the store, and happened to be my next-door neighbour.

"Hi, can I help you?"

It came out normally, not stuttering or quite.

I kept walking up to the front door until he turned.

"Umm h..i"

He coughed and scratched the back of his head before looking me up and down. I felt revolting, I knew I was fat and ugly but he really didn’t need to point it out with all the staring.

"Sorry, umm this came for you and I thought I would save you the trouble of having to go into town and picking it up from the post box."

He handed me a fairly big box that was wrapped in brown paper. I didn’t care that a perfect cute stranger was in front of me, I kneeled on the ground and pulled the brown paper away reviling a purple box that had ‘happy birthday’ written all over it.

I smiled and picked it back up again and sat it on the front table.

"Thanks for getting it, I means a lot."

I gave him a smile and looked back at the present.

"I’m Jack by the way, I think I have seen you around."

He extended his hand that I gladly took and shook.

"Lucy, yeah, you might have seen me out running every now and then. Its nice to meet you."

His eyes widened and look over me again then ran a hand through his brown hair.

"You run? And have a body like that."

I gaped my mouth opened and tears started to blur my vision. He must of saw because he got a worried expression.

"No, no I didn’t mean it in that way of calling you fat, your no where near it. I swear if my girlfriend saw you she would kill you for your body."

I felt my cheeks heat up a bit, but he would off noticed since they were already red from the heat. But the I noticed he said girlfriend. Well there goes my chance.

"Thanks, but I am, and I don’t care what you think. Now if you would excuse me I’m going to open my birthday present."

Jack nodded and started walking away. I was half way through the door when I heard mumberling. I turned around and gave him a questioning look.