Chapter 12 - Care to return?

||WYATT'S POV||

My birthday. The day I turn 18 and find my mate. I thought it was funny how Percy was 19 and Shadow, 18, yet they knew they were mates since 11 and 12. Crazy right? I fell asleep near my new pack leaders, who were all cradling the shivering Shadow, who, may I add, was still in the hospital bed.

When I woke up, the most intoxicating smell filled the air, and I looked over, to see Shadow, staring back at me, Percy at her side, glaring at me. "Mate." I whispered in her direction. "Well isn't this interesting?" Shadow smiled. "Two mates for an insane alpha." I laughed at her comment. "Insane, but powerful, kitten." I beamed at my mate. She growled a bit. "Do not call me that." She playfully hit my arm. "Okay, Kitten." I laughed. Percy doubled over from laughter and I high fived him. I like this guy. Percy repeated my thoughts out loud and Shadow shook her head.

||ALPHA SHADOW'S POV||

My first thought when I found out Wyatt was my mate: wut. That's it. wut. But now I have two annoying mates somehow. I decided to ask my father for an answer. "I'll be back. Do not follow me unless you want to be a pile of ashes," I scanned the room and nobody got up to follow me. "Good." I said, taking my leave. Carolina was the only one to follow. We came to a cave, with a lightning bolt burned into the ground and bones littered the area around it. Some people call it The Source of Evil, but I call it my home phone. Carolina and I both squatted and touched our knuckles to the burnt lightning bolt and held them for 10 seconds. Then, we entered the cave of our father, The Sky God.

||UNKNOWN POV||

I watched as they stepped into the cave, lightning still trailing up their bodies like an aura. Shadow saw me yesterday, and I'm determined to make her regret it. She caused me enough pain. The hills shook with a bit of a shock and Shadow and her sister poked their heads out of the cave. And looked straight at me.

||ALPHA CAROLINA'S POV||

Leo. We saw Leo. He was watching from the hill, and we knew it all along. "Daughters," our father rumbled. We bowed our heads in acknowledgement. "You have earned my respect. You have accomplished your assignment. For that, I am proud." We nodded. "Thank you, Father. It was a debt that must be paid." We said in unison. He nodded. "Indeed it was. And you have not failed me." We smirked. Of course we didn't. "Father. We must go." I said apologetically. He nodded. "Goodbye, Daughters."

||ALPHA SHADOW'S POV||

I sank my teeth into a rogue, Carolina by my side doing the same. The leader of them all stepped forward. He had brown hair and grey eyes. "I suggest you quit fighting. Or else your pack and your mates," he lifted my chin. "Shall reign no more." Nyx whimpered. We both nodded and a slight pinch knocked us both unconscious.

When we woke, we were in a cell. Together. Stupid rogues. I grabbed the bars and fell back, writhing in pain. "S-S-Silver. D-don't touc-ch" I gasped. I quickly healed, burn marks still remaining. I like to keep my scars. Battle wounds. Reminders. The click of metal on stone made me lift my head. The leader. "Kyle." I sneered and spat on his boots, which had steel on the bottom. Not very good traction. He looked disgusted. "Oh don't even whine. You don't even deserve that, so As to Diavolo." I snarled, a deadly edge to my tone. Carolina looked confused for a second. "It means Go to Hell." I snickered. "Aw. Your precious mates can't get to you now. How sad." He laughed cruelly. "They will stop at nothing to find you, Kyle," I leaned closer to his ear for effect. "Especially not Percy." I whispered. His face turned pale and he hurried away. "Looks like we're stuck for a bit, huh?" I laughed. "Not for long though. They put us in the same cell." I added when I realized she was looking at me expectedly. "We have eachother, Carolina. They have not left us powerless," I paused and let lightning crawl on my finger. "We have Father, and our powers. We are not powerless." I whispered, both of us falling into a much needed sleep. Maybe this was a dream.

Nope. Not a dream. I threw myself at the bars, screaming and writhing in pain, shuddering and jerking back. Carolina screamed at me to stop, but she couldn't touch me. I was surrounded in the silver bars. Kyle ran towards me. "Let me get the ice." He sighed and came back with several ounces of ice. "I don't want that. And besides, Ice can't fix a broken arm." I replied to his earlier comment while looking at my misshapen, dangling left arm. The crackle caught my attention. "He will find you! I swear it!" I wailed. He went to fix it, but I jerked away from him. "I. Don't. Want. Your. Help. I'd rather die than have you help me, Kyle." I spat before turning to the corner of my cell. He just shrugged and walked away. "Nice acting." I high fived Carolina. "You too. How'd you get the fake arm?" She asked. "Shapeshifting could be a way. But I simply shaped lightning to make it look broken and pale. Didn't you notice my sudden outburst?" She nodded and I allowed the sharpen electricity to disperse into the air. The faintest scent of Blood and electricity tinged the air. So many blurred black and white people, ghosts, were in this place. I searched them and found a man around my age in a security outfit. I called him forward. "You can help me, can you not?" I asked him. Carolina must have seen him too, because her eyes widened. "I can, name's Kenneth Scott. Call me Kenny. I shall help you escape." Kenny said. I nodded. He floated through the bars and pressed a button. The bars rearranged onto the walls. And the cell opened

Kenny made the doors slam open and closed. Noisy ghost. Poltergeist. I smiled at my choice. Kyle kept chasing the slamming doors and we slipped past him. We found the door. "I can sense you out there." I growled. We stepped up to the door and opened it slowly. And on the other side of the door, we were met by brown hair and chocolate eyes. He was dressed in neon green and black. Lucian. Kyle's brother. "So, girls. Care to go back to your cell?"