10; Deal with a Devil?

10; Devil's Deal

"He just- Grams, he-"

"What have I told you about calling me that? I'm not old enough for you to be calling me 'grams' or 'nan'-" a sharp tone interrupted from the other side of the phone.

"I'm sure as hell not calling you by your first name and I will most definitely not be calling you Mrs. Greene."

"We'll go back to working on that. Did you get me my protection?"

"Not yet," Scarlet replied in a monotone as she continued towards the abandoned warehouse. "I'm working on it."

"I want a wolf or I won't come, even if it is for Jamison."

"I'll call you back."

Scarlet hit 'end' before entering the room, walking through the walls until she heard a large thump.

"You will not do that again," Derek's voice boomed.

"Why?" Erica's annoying voice echoed. "Because I'm a beta?"

"Because I have someone else in mind for you."

Scarlet took that as her cue to slide in to make her appearance noticeable, her heels clattering against the dingy ground. In a false, semi- sarcastic tone, she sang: "I hope that someone is me."

Derek turned to her, a bit aggravated that she had shown up out of the blue, intrigued to see what she wanted, and surprised that she actually found them. He rose his perfectly shaped brows at her. "What are you doing here, Scarlet?"

"You mean I can't come and watch you guys practice? I'm hurt, Derek, really," sarcasm still dripping from her voice until it returned to the same monotone she used with her grandmother for 'really.'

"Is there a reason for your presence or are you just here to annoy me?"

"I have a proposition for you, since I know how much you love those. You might want to perk your ears up, because I can guarantee you'll enjoy it."

He rolled his beautiful eyes at her, crossing his arms over his toned chest.

"You remember my grandmother, Celeste."

He nodded at the memory; having to try and stop Celeste's own son from ripping her to shreds in his werewolf form.

"Well, she feels as though she needs perfection, and neither of us are looking for the best. I was wondering if I'd get any takers?"

Derek quirked a brow. "What would we get out of this?"

"For a month or for a bunch of full moons, including the blood moons that will occur while they're still little pups, I will be your witch bitch. Anything anyone wants- within reason, of course- I will try to make happen."

Derek pretended to ponder on the possibility. For a short amount of time, he'd give away one of his newly transformed mutts and in return, get someone well trained to aid them, please them, and attend to them with most need. Who would be stupid not to jump on this?

He tried not to seem so eager, so he shot a question at her. "She knows what's lurking around here?"

"She's here for my brother, not some slimy lizard. We will speak nothing of it while she is around or I will have whoever dared open their mouth on a silver platter."