04; informal invites

04; Invites aren't exactly formal

"You want to come to dinner?" Char repeated her twin's question with such disbelief, that if you didn't already know, you did now, that Scarlet absolutely hated many people that her siblings lived with. "Like, with our dad, and Ashley, and-"

"Yes. Hence, why I'm bringing up the topic in general," Scarlet exasperated, rolling her eyes as she continued to write down the notes in their early morning detention.

They sat in vertical ends of their lab tables, so it wasn't much of a loud topic.

"Why?"

"Why what?" Scarlet played down as she finished writing down her hypothesis while hiding her pretense from her twin as best as she could, and she was killing it.

"You hate Jonathan, with a burning passion, and Chris-"

"I think Ashley's hot." Scarlet teased, placing her pen down and facing her sister. "Also, I do want to spend time with you and Jamie."

"Why do you give him such horrible nicknames? If he hears you call him that-"

Scarlet scoffed. "I don't care what you two think. I have the best nicknames for many people. Like, Derek is-"

"Speaking of Derek, what is up with you two?" Char cracked a perfect brow at Scarlet, continuing to scribble down in her notebook.

"What do you mean?"

"You two talk. You two talk a lot. What do you two even have to talk about? Which one of you is more emotionless?"

"I think the adult word you're looking for is apathetic, but that's besides the point. Derek and I don't talk that much." Scarlet changed the small part that she was incredulously smart before anyone heard. She didn't play dumb, but she also didn't flaunt her strengths. She liked to give herself an advantage- knowledge was power, after all.

"Really? You two are always together. Are you two-"

"No, Char. We're not even around each other that often. It seems as though someone is putting off the fact that she has a crush on a total dweeb."

"Stiles is not a dweeb," the blonde shot back at her sister defensively. Scarlet loved pushing her buttons, and Charlotte knew it. "He's hilarious."

"No, I'm hilarious. He needs to learn when to shut up. He was cracking jokes when Derek was on the verge of dying."

"Again, his name pops up." Char sang, getting on Scarlet's last nerve.

"It's not like we have time to hang out with anyone else. We have Stiles and Scott after school, we need to watch out for Alison, and we really got to find Lydia a good therapist."

"At least they found her." Charlotte mumbled, trying not to let her jealousy seep through. Scarlet knew she was upset that Stiles got to see the girl of his ~literal~ dreams naked before his eyes when Char would kill to be with Stiles, but she didn't know how bad her anger was towards the whole thing.

Scarlet changed the subject. "They come back today, you know. So, we have to be there for them, especially Lydia. She's losing her mind and she doesn't even know the cause she's chariting her brain to."