12; i think i said too much pt one

12; I think I said too much pt. one

"Took you long enough," Celeste announced as the siblings entered through the door.

"Has Lahey been doing his job?" Scarlet managed to change the subject, noticing how her baby brother tensed up at the mere sound of her voice, but balled his hands into fists from her rude approach.

"Yes, he's been doing a fine job. We've been talking."

It was now Scarlet's turn to stiffen up, but instead of anger, her body became like wood from uneasiness. Her stomach dropped, unable to fathom what the eighty something year old witch and the teenage werewolf could talk about.

Would it be about her? Would Scarlet's secrets be exposed? Would her personal life be mentioned? Would anyone find out what she's been trying to leave behind?

"Well, we're here. So, uh, Isaac, man the door." Scarlet took back her status of boss ass bitch with a good grip.

He followed her commands, eyeing the scene cautiously.

The broken book that Celeste carried around with her had been open to the correct page. She brought it with her as she made the boy sit on the couch, the same boy who was getting nervous again.

Noticing this, Scarlet grabbed his hand, giving it a tight squeeze. He picked his head up from the ground, steadying his face from his bouncing knee to his older sister, the one who tried to protect him at all costs.

She gave him a small, comforting smile, trying to make him feel better. He still had worry plastered across his young face, which broke Scarlet's heart.

She had a soft spot for her kid brother, but she'd never admit that out loud.

Celeste started to whisper the ancient Latin that was written in the 1700s, back when witch craft was suddenly found.

"Jumentė sę be bek bełk kay ay. Asthmostic courst va maemae te coru. Vey quel med pey kol gey xen portü!"

The color drained from James' eyes, leaving a blank white. He grunted in pain, dropping his hand from his sister's palm to place it on his stomach, as if that would relieve the pain.

"Stop! You're hurting him!" Not one bit of fear sounded from her, just forceful power expelled from the older sister.

Her brother expelled black liquid from his nose, like he did when he was in pain. When his normal body was trying to heal.

Celeste's voice came to an abrupt stop, dropping into a quiet sense of tone, all excluding James' groans of pure pain, of course.

Hopping to his side, she grabbed his hand. Now, she was concentrating on his pain, his anguish, his entire bad energy. She inhaled it, transporting it through her veins, and injecting it to her body.

Of course, it stung like a son of a bitch, but her brother was feeling better. His grunts became heavy pants, his nose had stopped dripping, and he was showing weaker signs of pain.

Instantly, Scarlet punched his shoulder, trying to be tough, again. "Don't do that."

"Do what?" He exclaimed through deep breaths.