Chapter Five*

"Avery, wake up." Riley whispered before I turned on my side so I was facing him and groaned. "I'm being serious. Get up. Now." He commanded before standing up, making me collapse on the bed. I sighed and sat up, running my hand through my dark hair. "I have to go."

"Where are you going?" I asked before standing up just in time as Riley took his shirt off. He then walked over to me and took the fabric of my tank top in his hands, pulling it down so the little piece of my skin from my stomach wasn't showing.

"I just have to do something real quick." He then walked over to the door and looked through his duffel before I walked over to him, peaking over his shoulder. He grinned. "You know, you don't have to be so nosey," he said before he turned around with a grey T-shirt in his hand.

"Just tell me." He narrowed his eyes and I turned my head to the side, batting my eyelashes. "Please?"  He sighed and put his T-shirt on before reaching up and gripping my waist, pulling me down on his lap.

"Do you want to come with me?" I nodded and bit my lip before he kissed my cheek lightly. "Okay then let's go."

My eyes narrowed in confusion as we entered the gym, Riley's hand clutching mine tightly, like someone would take me away any second. He then went to the back of the gym and looked around before opening a grey door. He held it open for me before walking ahead, his hand never leaving mine. We were surronded by white brick walls, and I felt myself losing my breath, considering that I was claustrophobic. When Riley heard that I was taking quick breaths, he turned around and rested his hand on my cheek, his eyes glancing around my face.

"Are you all right?" He mumbled before leaning down and kissing my nose lightly. When I shook my head, he turned back around and said, "Hop on my back." I narrowed my eyes in confusion and he sighed, "come on, Avery. This is what I used to do with my sister. It works."

"Sister?" I asked before jumping and feeling his hands sliding under my thighs.

He shook his head and then said, "another time, Avery." I nodded. "Now breath," he stated before I took in a deep breath and then exhaled. I then lied my head down on his shoulder and he grinned as I kissed his neck lightly.

There were many turns, and each one made my stomach twist. When we finally reached another grey door, Riley removed his hand from my thigh and opened the door before placing it back. He then walked through the door and my eyes widened as I lifted my head and looked around the room, seeing many punching bags and people trianing on blue mats with boxing gloves on.

"You box?" I asked before leaning over and looking at the side of his face. He nodded and I shook my head, lying it back down on his shoulder. When the door clicked closed, a grown man with a sleeve of tattoos stood up from the bleachers and looked directly at Riley, his eyes trailing to me. "I don't know about this, Riley," I whispered in his ear so nobody else could hear. "This seems pretty dangerous."

"I know what I'm doing, Avery." He said back before setting his duffel on the bleachers and setting me down lightly on the ground. "I've been boxing for years. Besides, you're the one that wanted to come." I sat on the bleachers, defeated, next to his bag and watched as he went through it, getting out gloves and winking before putting the mouth piece in his mouth and walking off.

I sighed and watched him as he approached the man and nodding. The man also had boxing gloves on and I gasped before standing up, seeing Riley get in a blocking position. "no no no," I mumbled before taking a step forward to get a better look. Riley nodded before the man went in a blocking position himself and then Riley threw a punch, which the man dodged. "Shit, Riley." The man then took a punch and Riley blocked himself, smirking because he knew I was watching. Riley then threw another punch, but this time hit the man square in the jaw, which caused him to stumble back. He then turned his head to look at me and smiled widely, proud of himself.