Chapter Six*

I glanced over at him and saw how worried his face was, how he was clutching the steering wheel tightly. He then let out a deep breath and I leaned over and kissed his cheek lightly before he glanced at me. "They are going to love you." I said before he shook his head and stopped the car in front of my parents house. "I promise."

He then turned his head to look at me and sighed, resting his hand on my lap. "I have a reputation around here, Avery. And to them I'm probably some guy that just will use you and then run away."

I then took his hand in mine and leaned forward before kissing his lips lightly. "But I know that you aren't like that, and I'll make sure that they know that you aren't like that." My other hand reached up, and this caused his face to relax. "Okay?"

He then grinned before grabbing my face in his hands and crashing his lips against mine, which just made me want to take his shirt off right here and do things to him while we were in the car. "You're amazing." He mumbled before looking at me directly in the eyes, which caused my cheeks to flare up. He then pulled away and opened the car door, which I did also before he came around to the other side of the car and took my hand in his.

I then looked up at the sky as we were walking and saw how cloudy it was before looking at Riley. "It looks like it's going to storm." He nodded and that's when I noticed that his hand was sweating like crazy. "Why are you so nervous?"

"What?" He looked over at me and grinned. "I'm not nervous."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

I rolled my eyes and then rang the doorbell as we approached my parent's front door. When I heard yelling from the other side, I bit my lip. My parent's were fighting again, and the sad part was, they only faught whenever I was around.

The door then swung open and my mother stood in the doorway, wearing her fancy purple dress and a pearl necklace. "You didn't have to get dressed up, mom."

"Well we are meeting your boyfriend. I thought we would all look nice." She then looked at Riley and a wide smile grew across her face. "And this must be him. Hi, I'm Vanessa."

"Riley." He said before he shook her hand. She then opened the door wider and we walked inside, seeing my dad sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Honey, Avery and her boyfriend are here." My dad then turned around and grinned when he saw me before standing up and walking over to me, hugging me tightly.

"I haven't seen my baby girl in forever. How have you been?"

I narrowed my eyes at him and shook my head. "Don't embarrass me, dad." He gave me a confused look before I motioned to Riley. "Ths is my boyfriend, Riley."

"Hello, sir." Riley greeted before my dad gave him a pat on the back.

"Call me Greg."

"So, Riley, have you thought about going to college?" My mom asked before passing me the mashed potatoes.

He glanced at me, a nervous look in his eyes. "I'm not planning on going to college." He said before shoving a piece of chicken in his mouth.

"Why not?" My dad then, staring intently at Riley. "College is the best choice."

"I want to be an artist," he said before looking up at my dad. "I don't plan on going to college because that isn't my plan. Drawing and painting is my plan, and I'm going to stick with it."

My dad went speechless as he looked at Riley, which made him shift uncomfortably. "What if you and Avery decide to get married? How would you support her with your drawing and painting? She isn't going to just pay for everything."