Chapter 2 - Guardians

Elsa POV

Elsa woke up. All the memories from yesterday night flooded back into her head. She was hoping it was all a dream.

"Good, you're finally awake." Anna, Elsa's sixteen-year-old sister said. They've been living alone together since their mother died, less than a year ago. It was about the time Elsa just turned seventeen. The Arens family personally knew the mayor of Burgess so she pulled some strings and now she and Anna live alone in their own apartment.

"Today is the first day of college, you don't want to be late," Anna said stuffing Elsa's face with cereal.

"Thanks, Anna but I think I'm okay." Elsa laughed. She took the bowl of cereal Anna was feeding her. Her classes start at 11:00 a.m. so she was fine, considering it was only 7:15 a.m.

"Have you ever seen something that no one else could?" Elsa asked changing the conversation. She was still thinking about last night. Jack's concealed laugh made her angry. It's not funny that she's crazy for seeing things.

"Yeah! I know what you mean. Like one time Mama Odie's window was down and you know, she's blind. What was seen that day cannot be unseen." Anna said. She covered her face with her hands, clearly trying to cover the images that flooded her mind but Elsa could tell that didn't work.

"No, like- like ghosts? Have you ever seen a ghost?" Elsa stuttered. She obviously sounded crazy, even to her own ears.

"No, I've never seen a ghost." Anna said changing her tone of voice. Which was strange, Elsa thought, she normally would have joked about the situation.

"Elsa, come home right after your classes end," Anna said in a pleading way.

"Why? What's going on?" Elsa could tell her sister wasn't saying everything.

"No, I'll explain to you when you get home. Okay, I'll see you later." Anna shouted as she rushed out of the apartment. Her right hand slinging her backpack over her shoulder as she left.

Elsa was left alone for the rest of the morning.

❄❄❄

Sitting in class, Elsa couldn't stop thinking about the events of last night. Great, first day of classes and I can't even focus. She miserably thought to herself.

Her attention shifted from the chalkboard to the black blur that swung passed the door. Just in the back left of the professor. She was debating whether or not to go down and see what it was. Maybe if she checked and it was nothing she could convince herself she was fine.

She got up from her chair in the middle of the auditorium. "Excuse me." She said a few times before she finally got to the stairs. She noted to herself to never sit in the middle of the auditorium ever again.

"Ms. Arens, is there anything you would like to tell the class since you so kindly decided to get up and interrupt?" Professor Ymza said.

"Can I use the washroom?" Elsa said so low she was surprised Professor Yzma replied with, "Very well."

Elsa quickly rushed out of the room to find Jack. He was leaning against a wall outside the door. His arms were crossed and he was in his usual black attire. His golden weapons were out, strapped to his belt but this time they weren't glowing. He was carelessly playing with the throwing knife that was in his hand. He looked like a serial killer, Elsa thought.

"Why can I see you and no one else can't?" Elsa said. She was seriously scared now. Was he following her?

"That's what I'm trying to figure out." He said.