Chapter 12 - Periwinkle

Rapunzel POV

It had taken Rapunzel and Flynn three minutes, to come to the decision of entering the institute through the back doors.

Everything in the hallway seemed normal, which relaxed Rapunzel since her phone said it was 3:12 a.m. They had been having so much fun, they completely forgot about the time.

When they arrived at the old Victorian elevator, Rapunzel was careful not to open the gate to loudly.

"Today was so fun," Flynn said entering after her. They were still holding hands from when they snuck into the institute.

"Yeah, that's why I love the Snuggly Duckling." Rapunzel cautiously whispered to him, aware that if anyone caught them at this hour, sneaking into the institute, they would both be grounded for life.

The elevator finally arrived at their floor. Luckily no one was in the hallway where their rooms were.

"So goodnight," Flynn said in front of her door.

"Goodnight," Rapunzel felt her cheeks heat up.

Instead of the hug she expected, Flynn lifted his right hand indicating her to shake it.

She silently took it, feeling numb. She wanted more but clearly, he wasn't initiating anything. She thought about all the times she would bravely fight Guardians, how she was never scared of those monsters, but now she was scared. But she would not have it, Rapunzel Corona was never scared of anything.

Before they let go of each other's hands, Rapunzel suddenly jerked Flynn's towards her, causing his body to lean closer to her. She placed her delicate lips on his cheek, clearly surprising him.

When she pulled away, she noticed his reaction was dumbfounded. His mouth was open and right when he was about to say something, she rushed into her room closing the door behind her, not being able to stop smiling.

❄❄❄

Elsa POV

Elsa sat up straight on her bed and eagerly looked around for the noise that woke her. She took her phone out and put the flashlight on high while scanning the room with it.

Nothing, she thought. She woke up over nothing. At least she hadn't sleepwalked her way out of bed again.

Her stomach began to rumble. She hadn't been eaten much lately due to her loss of appetite, maybe Jack was right about her being stressed?

Without checking the time, she got out of her bed and walked to her already unfrozen door and headed to the kitchen. Though it was still the middle of the night and her room was extremely dark, the institute's hallway was lit by a path of torches that led to the elevator.

She loved the institute's ancient look. It made her feel like she had time traveled back in time to a world of fairy tales. But of course with horrifying monsters that roamed the world.

Arriving at the kitchen, she was caught off guard by Jack, who was sitting on the sofa eating a bowl of ice cream. Olaf was snoring on the sofa across from him, in dreamland. When Jack noticed her, he didn't say anything and continued eating.

She warily opened the fridge, sure not to make any noise, and took out a slice of leftover pizza.

She would have heated it up, before taking a large bite out of it, but she didn't want to cause a hassle in the middle of the night.

"You know you can warm that up," Jack said watching her from the sofa. She felt her face heat up, she thought he'd never speak to her again.

"I don't want to turn on the oven." she said back.