Am I dead?

I was finishing my my first semester and the holidays were soon approaching. I knew my parents wanted to see me so I booked my tickets to go to India. I was in the middle of some shopping when I thought I saw someone familiar walking in front of me. My eyes couldn't believe it. I saw his own dead body with my eyes. Did I somehow die and end up back here as a soul? Is that why I am seeing Rohan clear as day light? Without a second thought I reached for his shoulder. He immediately turned back and I stood staring into his eyes.

"I knew you weren't gone damn it! I just knew it!" 

#Flashback #ThreeMonthsAfteeRohanDied

I was cleaning out mine and Rohan's room after three months of it getting solid dust and I found a piece of paper sticking from behind the picture of us. Without a second thought I pulled it out.

It was a letter.

"Trisha.

I'm probably dead by now. I knew you never really loved me. Or rather fell in love with me. So I don't think I owe you an apology for deciding to leave you but I hope you will at least realize what your dreams are and follow through. Live your life baby. I remember the day in Paris you saw him on the side walk and you didn't talk to me properly after a week. That was the first time I realize what a mistake I made. And when yout smile never quite reached your eyes after I got the six month anniversary cake I knew you were suffering because of me. The last strike was when you almost slapped me when I accidentally broke that jar you kiss every morning. Cal made that didn't he? I tried to tell you first love isn't the only love but I failed. But I can't get over my love for you so I decided to leave you forever. 

-Rohan"

I collapsed on the floor that second and reread the letter multiple times before it sank it that his death was a suicide. No matter what I couldn't believe it. He couldn't be dead. I always look at this picture before sleeping, I would've seen it before hand. That's when I sprinted to the small cabin we had outside out apartment and dropped to the ground to look underneath it. There was no key there! Rohan always put a key there thinking I never saw him do it. I would later act surprised where there would be candles lit or fresh food when he would dramatically open the door. I smiled in relief as I hugged the letter close to my chest and cried.

#BackToThePresent

"Excuse me who are you?" He asked me.

"Bit*ch please! Stop acting I could recognize you, your walk anywhere in this world"

I gave him a harsh glare.

"I think it's time we talk" he said after a few quiet moments.

I dropped my bags and hugged him like he came back from the dead. Well, he did! He hugged me back and we stayed like that for god knows how long. 

He took me to a coffee place where I had some kind of plain juice and he ordered a coffee. 

"You got my letter" he said in a matter of fact way.

"Yeah and seems like you forgot to put the key back." I replied.

"Look I am sorry. I just wanted you to be happy."

"You know Rohan I was wearing that red Saree you gifted me for our anniversary. I even had makeup and cooked your favorite curry, pasta and made a chocolate-strawberry cake. I was waiting on the couch hoping to see your face when you see what I did. But the next thing I know you were dead. I actually cried over a fake body, huh?"

He couldn't speak to me after hearing my confession.

"I was going to give you a chance Rohan. Have you not been seeing the changes before you left me? Have you not considered the heart shape chocolates or the lunch I fixed every morning or the little thing I did to see you smile? Of course you didn't."