Chapter 9

Cassie's POV:

A bunch of profanities greeted me as I came home. My father was screaming his lungs out and I just stood there, head hung low.

"AND WHAT THE FUCK TOOK YOU SO LONG?" he screamed at me.

I said nothing, waiting for him to get it over it.

He raised his hand. "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HOURS YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT!" I felt the sting of his slap as my head whipped to one side.

I could feel the blood rushing to cheeks as I cupped my cheek. "I-" but I was cut off by another slap. This time, I fell to the floor.

"Do not talk back at me!" he roared.

I nodded meekly, tears of pain blurring my sight.

He looked down at me, disgust evident on his face. "Pathetic" he spat at me. He started to walk away, heading to his room. "Fix yourself up. Everything should be in order by the time I wake up. If it isn't, there'll be hell to pay" he ordered, slamming the door of his bedroom.

I stared at the door, ignoring the pain on my cheek. I looked around the living room. Everything was a mess. It would take hours to clean this up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was still cleaning when my father stormed out of his room. I winced, knowing that I wasn't done yet. My grasp on the broom tightened, waiting for the inevitable.

"YOU LAZY BITCH!" with a scream, I dropped the broom as he yanked my hair back. "I TOLD YOU THAT EVERYTHING SHOULD BE CLEANED UP!" he let go and pushed me away.

I stumbled and hit my head on a table. "Please..." I pleaded, "Don't"

"I warned you bitch" was all he said as he lifted me from the ground by my hair. I finally let the tears fall as he continued his punishment. Screaming out how worthless, piece of scum like me should feel lucky that he hasn't thrown me out to the streets yet. How I was just a burden and useless as my mother who left us.

With each kick, each punch, I was slowly changing. I felt something inside of me snap.

It was odd but I welcomed the pain that he was giving me. I felt that I deserved this punishment.

I laid there, yielding to him, not fighting him any longer.

He was done soon enough, still screaming at me as he left the house. I lay still, trying not to move too much. Everything hurts, but unlike the other times, I didn't spent time crying about my situation or trying to make myself feel better. This time, I had let go.

I let go any hope that I was still holding on to.

The hope that was still letting me feel something, deluding myself that someday I would be free of the monster that was my father.

I had given up. I accepted that this is my fate.

There was nothing that I was holding on to anymore.

He won.

Because now, I had accepted the lie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Yeah, I know, I seriously suck. I just updated today. Stupid internet connection

Anyway, I had a hard time writing Cassie's POV since it has been SOOOO long. I prefer writing Jake's. Also, I think that the father doesn't seem as cruel as before or is it just me?

Moving on, I LOVE YOU GUYS! You guys are ridonkeylous! (Sorry, HIMYM marathon) . You guys have no idea how I felt when I saw the reads! It's ineffable.

ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE CHECK OUT REMEMBERING YOU! THAT SHORT STORY IS KINDA LIKE MY BABY! AND PLEASE DO LEAVE COMMENTS. I LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!

As, usual!

VOTE! COMMENT! FAN!

~Remaloin