Chapter 3

My sister is dead. It's all because of me.

This kept on repeating inside my head.

What have I done? Maybe if I told the paramedics what I thought happened, they could have helped her. She might still be in live. Maybe in a critical condition but still alive.

Tears sprung from my eyes and rolled down my cheek.

She's dead.

The only person that I ever cared and loved is dead. The person who makes me feel alive. That I have a worth somehow. And now, she's gone.

All I could feel was grief. I sat there on the floor, sobbing my heart out for so long.

A loud knock on my door brought me out of my stupor.

"What the hell are you doing in there? Don't you know it's already morning?" it's just my father. "Come out here and prepare breakfast, you worthless piece of shit"

I just sat there, hearing him, but not understanding anything that he was saying.

Another knock and he just kept on knocking until he started pounding on my door. "Didn't you hear what I just said? I said GET UP AND PREPARE MY BREAKFAST!DON'T MAKE ME COME IN THERE!"

I continued ignoring him. I don't care about him anyway. What I care about now was the fact that my sister's dead.

"YOU STUBBORN BITCH!IF YOU DON'T COME OUT RIGHT NOW,THERE'S GONNA BE HELL TO PAY!"

Mechanically, I stood up and opened the door. He stood there, hand raised as if he was about to pound on my door again. "YOU SHIT!" and he slapped me, hard. Then he pushed me on the floor. The back of my head got a pretty hard hit. I cried out in pain. "You're lucky that's all you're getting. Now get down there and prepare my breakfast!" he turned around to get back to his room.

I sat up, gingerly touching the back of my head. I winced as I felt a small bump. I stood up and went to the kitchen. I searched the fridge and cupboards, but all I found was bread and butter. I decided to make toast. Just as I was serving breakfast, my father went into the kitchen. He saw the plate full of toast.

"What the hell is this?" he roared in my face.

"Toast" I answered simply, not thinking of what was going to happen next.

He grabbed a fistful of my shirt and shook me roughly. My head snapped back and forth. "What do you think I am?STUPID?I DONT WANT TOAST!"

I tried to shake my head but it was hard to do. "There was nothing else-" I wasn't able to finish as he pushed me away. I tried to get my balance but fell to the floor as he slapped me again.

"I THOUGHT I ALREADY TOLD YOU NEVER TALK BACK!" he yelled, I felt tears running down my cheeks. "YOU REALLY ARE A PIECE OF SHIT!IF I KNEW YOU'RE GONNA BE THIS WORTHLESS I WOULD HAVE THROWN YOU TO THE STREETS! I DON'T NEED A PIECE OF SHIT IN THIS HOUSE!"

I stayed where I was as he continued hurling painful words about me. Just then, I heard the front door open. My mom came into view, crying.

My father turned towards her. "AND WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?" he roared, walking towards her threateningly.

Mom looked at me first before turning towards her husband. "I was at the hospital" she answered, "because of Anna. Our daughter's dead Robert. She didn't even made it to the hospital" with that, she started crying again.

"What makes you think I care?She's just another worthless piece of shit anyway. The world is better off without her" he said in a careless tone. "She was nothing to me"

My mom looked at him, shocked. "She's your daughter" she was clearly heartbroken about what she heard.

"And so?This piece of shit-" he pointed at me,"-is my daughter too, but do I care?"

"Bu-but what about the funeral?We need to make preparations-" he cut her off.

"Why should I help?If you want to give her a funeral, don't expect me to help. I DON'T CARE!"he told her, his anger showing through his tone. "IT'S YOUR PROBLEM, DEAL WITH IT!"

Mom hung her head. "I'm sorry. I will"

"Now stop talking about that and get me some beer" he walked away.

As soon as he was out of our sight, mom strode towards me. "Oh, honey, are you alright?I'm sorry you have to hear that"she said, before getting his beer and walking away.

I just sat there, thinking about what my father just said.

"What makes you think I care?She's just another worthless piece of shit anyway. The world is better off without her. She was nothing to me"

Those were his words.

I knew that that monster was cruel, but never to this degree. Anna, my sister, was a good person. She wouldn't hurt a fly. The world needed more people like her. Not a person like him.

Not a heartless bastard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I AM SO SORRY THAT IT TOOK SO LONG TO UPLOAD! I AM JUST SOO LOADED WITH PROJECTS AND NOT TO MENTION OUR EXAM IS NEXT WEEK. TALK ABOUT HAVING A TOUGH WEEK!

Anyway, I know this chapter suck. But in my defense, I am suppose to be doing my research paper and I just sneaked writing this.

But feel free to critize this very sucky chapter!

VOTE COMMENT FAN!