Chapter 13: The Pain

Chapter 13

A man hold a gun to Justin's head, I try to scream but nothing come out. I try to move, but I just stand there, frozen. This man wearing a black ski mask so all I could see is his piercing green eyes, staring into my soul. He could tell I am scared, I know it. If Justin going to leave me alone in this world, I don't know what I would do. Justin's mouth is moving, but I couldn't make out what he's saying. Is he telling me to run, or to get help? Without warning, the man pull the trigger and Justin fall to the ground. His body is limp and lifeless.

"Barbara, wake up!" My eyes wide open at the sound of Justin's voice.

"It's ok, baby. It was only a dream." He tell me.

Tears roll down my face.

"Never leave me." I look into Justin's beautiful hazel brown eyes.

"I would never even think of leaving you." He kiss me on the forehead than pull me into a hug with his strong arms. That night I fall back to sleep in Justin's arms, to the sound of him singing As Long As You Love Me.

As long as you love me

We could be starving, we could be homeless, we could be broke

As long as you love me

I'll be your platinum, I'll be your silver, I'll be your gold

***

(Barbara's POV)

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I open my eyes, find Justin still laying next to me, he's still asleep. How cute. I don't wanna wake him up so I get up and walk outside his room slowly. I take a bath and walk downstairs.

I search for his mom, and I don't see her at kitchen,or living room. Then I decide to make a breakfast for me,

Justin, and his mom.

When the breakfast is ready, I hear a footsteps behind my back, and without thinking who is that, I shout Justin's name.

"Justin!" When I turn my head around, I realize its not Justin. It's his mom. "Uh, I'm sorry ma'am. I thought you were Justin."

"It's okay. You made this?" She says, holding the plate fill with egg.

"Yes ma'am."

"Can I try it?" She ask me and sit down.

"Sure, sure you can!" I say and give her the spoon and the fork.

She start eating it while I'm busy make a drink for her. She finally finish and drink the water.

"You're good at cook." She say to me.

I chuckle, "no I'm not ma'am, I'm suck at it. I'm just good at cooking the egg. Nothing else besides that."

She stand up, and give me something.

"What's that?" I ask her.

"This is my favorite necklace. I give it to you. I want you to wear it everywhere you go. And promise me, don't lose it." She says and give me the necklace.

"But, why-"

"You're now dating my son. And I know you're a good girl. Justin is in love with you. And I like you. You deserve this, Barbara." She says.

"Why did you know that i'm dating with Justin now?"

"I heard that last night." she says and help me wear the necklace.

I look at the necklace, it's a feather necklace. Its not big. its small. The color is pastel blue with glitter on it. So pretty.

"It's pretty... I like it. Thanks ma'am."