Chapter 18

"Boss, I know you really want me to wear that uniform, but it's just not me." Mr. Fleming sighs and rubs his chin.

"Okay, Steven. I guess you can wear something else. Why don't you go buy some 'work' clothes? Here's some money, I expect change, Steven."

"Plant's honor." I give a small salute, but Mr. Fleming only rolls his eyes.

As I'm driving to the mall, I try to think of all the cool outfits I could get. Should I go for a James Bond look or an attire like Captain America or Ironman? I park my car outside and trot into some clothing store. I'm not good with store names.

"Hello, where's the men's clothing?"

"Sir, this is a makeup store." Confusion sets in and I glance around. Sure enough, I'm in a fully stocked makeup store. I briskly walk away before I'm judged any further. Once I enter into the body of the mall, I don't know which store to go to. Hot Topic? I can see a Captain America jacket through the window and decide to look around. I buy the ironman jacket, but I'm going to dye it green.

I walk down the hall of shops again and see the sign Justice. The clothes inside must make you look like justice! Or like the justice league! I almost sprint in. I'm puzzled when I see small pink outfits and mainly little girl clothes. What is with these store names? I try to find another store and stop when I see one with mannequins in fancy men's clothing from the window. I don't recognize the name of the store, just like all the others. I really need to get out more. As I fight my way through racks and clothes, I manage to find the section I'm looking for. I grab the dress shirts and dress pants that I know are my size. As I'm heading back to the checkout counter, I freeze by an isle of cool sunglasses. I just need some cool shades to complete the outfit.

I walk into headquarters with a few bags and take the elevator up to my boss's office. Once I walk in, Mr. Fleming raises an eyebrow.

"I can see you found some stuff?"

"You bet!" I hand him back a small amount of change.

"Well, what did you get?"

"Let's just say you can call me," I take the shades out of the bag and put them on, dramatically staring off into space, "Leefe. Steven Leefe." Mr. Fleming rubs his forehead.

"Sometimes I don't know why I hired you. You're unbelievable."

"Love you, too, Boss!"