40) I'm Sorry ~Bucky Barnes~ (Requested)

Super long overdue request for appey_pig22. I am SO sorry this took so long.

Going to be an Agents of SHIELD reference in here :) (There won't be any spoilers, though.)

"I honestly can't believe you right now, Y/N." Bucky groans as he rubs his forehead from stress.

You scoff. "Me? Why is it me? You've seen me fight before, and heck I've even saved your life more times than you've saved mine." You argue back, throwing your hands up.

"I don't want you fighting out there! No matter the skill, you could still be killed! Take Steve for example, he froze, and he was possibly the greatest soldier there ever was. Things can happen out there, Y/N." Bucky pleads for you to accept his point, but you just scowl.

"You treat me like a child, Bucky. I'm not, I can fight." You reply.

"Y/N that's not what I'm trying to sa-." Before he could finish, you storm out the door and into your room.

~~~~~~~~

The two of you had stopped talking for two days, and you had refused to make any eye contact with him. He had been very quiet as well, unusually quiet.

Though the guilt had been getting to you, so you decided to walk into the kitchen and apologize to Bucky. You walk into the room, but Bucky wasn't there. You travel to the living room to see if he was there, but he hadn't been.

You quietly walk to Bucky's room, and knock on the door.

"Buck?" You quietly say, hoping for a response.

No response.

"Look I'm really sorry about what happened and I've come to apologize."

Still no response.

You turn the door knob, but to your advantage it was locked. You press your ear against the door, hoping to hear him. You didn't hear any noises at all, not even a breath.

You quickly grab a knife from your kitchen and try to break the lock on the doorknob. You creak open the door and enter a dead silent room.

You notice a phone laying on his bed.

"Weird", you thought, "Bucky rarely ever uses his phone."

You move to the phone, and pick it up. Upon closer examination you realize it wasn't a phone. It was some weird video player.

You flip it on, and suddenly the face of a rogue HYDRA leader flashes on the screen.

"Hello, Y/N L/N. If you are watching this message, then that means you have probably come looking for Mr.Barnes here."

The man points the camera to some HYDRA agents holding Bucky. Bucky struggles and yells, "Don't you dare lay a finger on her!"

The man chuckles. "It's not Y/N we want, it's you. And don't worry, Y/N will be dead by the end of this message."

Without a thought to listen to the rest of the message, you chuck the thing out of the window, where you watch as it explodes.

HYDRA had really gotten Bucky again, and it was up to you to save him. No Avengers would be involved in this, just you. You were determined to not only save him, but to prove a point.

~~~~

With the help of your close friend, Skye, you were able to track down the coordinates of the rogue HYDRA base.

As you charge into the room where Bucky was being held captive, you see him in the chair.

"Y/N!" Bucky shouts as he sees you.

"Bucky! Thank goodness you're alright-." You sigh with relief when suddenly you feel something pressed against your head.

"I'm afraid neither of you will be alright." The man says, as you gulp.

You see the horror in Bucky's eyes.

"I'll let you kill me, if you release him." You explain, staring at Bucky.

"What? Y/N, no!" Bucky shouts as he struggles with the handcuffs.

"Deal." The man chuckles as he lays his finger on the trigger.

"Y/N! They'll never keep their end of the deal!" Bucky cries out.

You squeeze your eyes shut, as you wait for him to pull it.

"Just get it over with." You murmur, as the man pulls the trigger.

Click.

"What?" The man shouts in anger.

You couldn't help but grin. He angrily pulls the trigger again.

Click.

"Not now!" He yells, when you kick him in the sweet spot, knocking him straight on the ground.

"You knew that all along, didn't you?" Bucky smiles, as you nod.

"Of course I did, I'm not an idiot. I made sure to empty their guns before coming into this room." You explain, while unlocking Bucky's handcuffs.

"And also is too late to apologize?" You ask.

Bucky pulls you into a kiss, then releases.

"Does that answer your question?"

A/N

I was going to originally put "Is it too late now to say sorry?" Instead of "Is it too late to apologize." But I was afraid I would get too many Justin Bieber fans commenting lol :)

Anyways guys I have something serious I will probably be discussing in a separate update, so until then;

I hope you all have a marvelous week!

-MRomanoff