Misguided Pep Talk

I flopped on the couch and sighed. A night out with your friends could really tire you out! But I'm glad that I went. We went for a while to a bouncy house place, then we went out to eat, and finished of the night with a trip to the club.

"Damn that was fun!" I said. "But I'm super tired now" I laughed.

"Don't you fall asleep on me! I planned to end the day with a movie" Elle said happily. I groaned.

"Elle it's already like 3 in the morning"

"It's okay, we can still watch it" she smiled. I glared at her but she just went to turn on the tv and choose a movie from Netflix.

"What do you think? Mean girls or clueless?" She asked.

"Mean girls" I replied. She nodded and pressed play. She ran to get a blanket and sat on the couch with candy wrapped inside the blanket.

"Elle you are literally the best. How would I live without you" I said grabbing a 3 Musketeers: my favorite.

"Honestly, I don't think you would" she teased.

"Cocky aren't we?" I laughed. Elle shushed me quickly. The beginning of the movie was her favorite part. I nodded knowingly and looked at the screen. I could already feel my eyes drooping.

-------------------------------------------------------

I woke up suddenly when I heard an alarm ringing. I looked at the tv and noticed the alarm was coming from the movie. I looked over at Elle and saw that she was fast asleep. I sighed and turned off the tv. I was too lazy to stand up and wake up Elle and go to bed and take her to bed.

"We'll just sleep on the couch then" I said to myself while sighing against Elle. It took a while for me to fall asleep but eventually I did, and it felt great to finally rest, I've had such a long day, tomorrow would be something else, but for now sleeping is the only thing on my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Put the sun away" I groaned while shielding my eyes from the bright light that came through the window. I sat up slowly And shook Elle awake.

"Jay please no" she groaned and flipped over.

"Elle please just wake up" I said while shaking her even more. She finally sighed and sat up.

"Your turn to make breakfast" I said tiredly while sitting back on the couch. She glared at me and I just shrugged.

"Please can you make breakfast? We both know your the better cooker" she said pleading.

"You can make toast with bananas for all I care. Just go. Fix your grammar while your at it" I said laughing, hoping she didn't actually make toast and bananas. I was actually craving pancakes. As she walked into the kitchen I screamed "I WOULD LIKE PANCAKES...JUST SAYING"

"WELL MAKE THEM YOURSELF BECAUSE IM MAKING TOAST WITH BANANAS" she screamed back. I laughed and walked to the kitchen. I took out the pancake mix box and started to make chocolate chip pancakes while Elle cut bananas.

"Instead of fighting everyday about who makes what, we should actually try to cook together."I suggested.

"We could, but I much prefer sitting back and checking my phone while you make breakfast" Elle admitted.

"Well then I guess your going to have to suck it up" I said as I put the last pancake on the stack. Elle put the cut bananas into a bowl and we brought the food to the living room table.

"Mhmpfhm" Elle said with her mouth full of pancakes.

"You know I can't understand what your saying, no matter how many hand signals you use" I said making an emphasis on putting a regular price of pancake in my mouth.