Chapter 7 (edited)

I sit on the bed that I have slept in for about a week now and I was finally being able to sleep in my tent

I hear a knock on the door and in popes Carl's head

I smile

"hey Chase" Carl says

I smile

"hey buddy come on in" I say as I get up

I grab my bag and start to get some clothes out

" you can stay right there im going to go in the bathroo and change" I say

Carl nods and sits on the edge of the bed as I walk out of the room in to the bathroom,  I change in to my jeans and a green tank top with a blue button up thrown over it, I walk out of the bathroom and into the room  to see Rick and no Carl

"where's Carl" I ask

"he's out side with Beth" Rick says

He looks at me with his piecing blue eyes

"then what are you do-" I was cut off by Rick slamming his lips in to mine as I felt are lips move in sync I heard a knock at the door I the stepped back away from Rick but me being my self I trip over my foot and I hit my head on a shoe

"Chase are you ok " Carl ask as he runs into the room

"Ya Carl I'm fine" I say

Carl smiles and helps me up

"Will you sing for me to night" Carl ask

I smile and nod

Carl's eyes light up and a wide smile comes across his face

" what song " I ask

" hmm what songs do you know " Carl ask

" I know a lot of songs but my favorite is"  I say

Carl nodded

" want to listen to me sing the verse " I ask

Carl nods making me smile

"oh how lovely is the evening is the evening when the bells are sweetly ringing sweetly ringing ding dong ding dong " I sing

when I finish I see most ofthe group standing at the door and they all started to clap

"thank you" I say

Rick has a wide smile so does Carl

" thank you chase so much for singing I like that song can you sing it again tonight" Carl ask

I nod

I look back at Carl as he still had a smile on his face " what are you smiling about " I asked "we're going to be sharing a tent " Carl said happy as could be I chuckled and nodded " ok buddy well let me get my stuff in my tent " I said Carl nodded " can I help " Carl asked " sure here take this one please and thank you " I said Carl nodded and smiled as he took the bag from my hand we walked to a orange tent I unzipped the flap and walked in and sat my bag on the right side of the tent I then grab my sleeping bag and unroll it and I see Carl do the same I smile slightly as I put my bags by the door I then release " hey Carl do you know where my katana is " I asked he nodded and took my hand and I followed as Carl leads me to ricks tent " Rick can I have my katana back please " I asked as he walked over to us he nodded and unzipped the flap and brought out my katana I smiled slightly as I took it and put It on my back " so what we doing today " I asked Rick he shrugged and walked away I sighed " hey Carl want to go and climb some trees " I asked Carl smiled and nodded " go ask your mom ok " I said Carl nodded and ran off I went to Hershel " hey Hershel am I healthy to go and climb some trees with Carl " I asked Hershel smiled and chuckled " let me see " Hershel said as he came torse me and lifted up my shirt and revealed a now sacabed over bluet wound he smiled and nodded " you are cleared to go and climb trees just don't hurt your self please " Hershel said I smiled and nodded as I kissed his cheek " thank you Hershel " I sad as I walked over to Carl " can you go " I asked Carl looked at me and shook his head " why not " I asked " my moms mean she won't let me have any fun and I told her I would be safe with you but she still said no " Carl said and I could see tears coming soon I nodded " why don't we go and ask your dad then " I said Carl nodded I bent down and whipped a tear that fell I then took Carl's hand and we walked to where Rick and Glen were talking " hey Rick can me and Carl go and climb some trees don't worry I got my katana " I said Rick smiled and nodded "thanks dad " Carl said as he took my hand and we ran to the woods me and Carl found a tree and I started to climb it and I helped up Carl we sat on the branches and talked " chase where did you learn that song at " Carl asked I smiled " my best friend before she died she use to sing to me all the time and I learned that song over the years " I said Carl opened his mouth but was cut off by gun fire I jumped down but some how I managed to hit my wrist on a branch as I came down I groaned as Carl came down as took my hand " chase are you ok " Carl asked I smiled and nodded " Carl take my katana " I said Carl looked confused but took it in his right hand " ok now give it here " I said Carl have me it we then set off for camp hand in hand even though my wrist hurt like hell i wasn't letting got of his hand any time soon.