The Call(s)

My thumb floated over the 'Answer' button. As much as I ached to hear his warm husky voice, I wasn't sure if it would be good for me if I answered. Gosh, I'm such a mess!

I hesitantly clicked answer and instantly regretted it, but was glad that I did at the same time. It had been too long since I'd heard his beautiful voice (yep, almost three days ago!).

"Hello?" His low raspy voice rang out, cracking slightly. I closed my eyes, drawing in a breath; I was locking away the memory of his voice, immortalizing it in my head, knowing that it would be all that I would be thinking of in the next few days.

I forgot to answer; I was lost in my thoughts, gripping my phone tightly like it was my lifeline, his voice rolling and rolling around in my head.

I shushed the hotel clerk when he asked if I was okay, obviously getting worried that I was some physcho about to have a fit in the hotel lobby.

"Kayla? Are you there?" His concerned voice murmured.

"Yes." My voice came out as a whisper.

His voice was weak with relief, "Oh my god, thank god you answered. Look, I'm so-"

I hung up. I had only needed to hear his voice one last time to keep from breaking apart. Tears were filling my eyes.

What was wrong with me? I was crying because Harry had said hi? I grabbed the stupid room key and marched towards my room.

My phone rang again and I stood in the hall, about to reject the call, but a passerby bumped into me, causing me to press answer.

I scowled at the person as he apologized and turned back towards my phone. "What?" I snapped, irritated.

"Hello to you too." His raspy voice joked, which made me smile. I quickly knit my face back into a scowl, wrestling with my emotions. How could he be joking when when there was so much tension between us? But his voice still seemed different, cracking quite often and his voice seemed raspier than usual.

"What do you want?" I shot at him, trying to make him stop loving me. To end all of this. Even if this part would hurt, it would never be as bad as not being able to love each other and being judged by pretty much everyone. Gosh, I sound like such a drama queen at the moment.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? My emotions were all just out of whack and I'm sorry for making that accusation about you. Just let me explain!" his voice started rising, as if he was worried that I would hang up on him any minute, which was probably true.

I sighed loudly, "Fine. You have three minutes to either change my mind or make everything worse, okay?"

He started off quickly, "I'm sooooooo sorry! At first, I really thought that you never loved me, that our love was never real and never would happen. But I remember the pain in your eyes, then I realized that you were in no state to be pushed away, that you did love me. And... I loved you too. With all my heart. Even if the whole damn world didn't disapprove of us. I would stop at nothing to be yours. No, scratch that, I will stop at nothing to be yours."

My mouth hung open. I was speechless. How could I forget about him after this?