The Flat

"Harry...I forgive you, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for the press and all the judging..." I replied shakily, leaning heavily on the wall to keep from sinking to my knees. I could literally hear the disappointment that flowed in his voice and I tried my best to listen to his sad voice.

"I-I understand..I think it's best if we just met sometime in person to sort things out. I'm truly sorry for all the pain that I have ever caused you. I'll wait for you. Even if it's days, weeks, months even. Kayla...I love you."

"Thank you..Harry. I'm truly grateful for everything you've ever done.." I stuttered back, slowly unlocking my room's door and plopped right onto the light duvet that was draped over a small bed. I didn't say I love you back.

"Where are you? Hopefully we can meet up soon.. Your house is empty." he replied in a small voice, as if he was afraid that I wouldn't want to.

"Holmes Chapel." I hesitantly replied, feeling my face heat up slightly.

"Okay, I'll find you."

The phone went dead and I sighed, when had my life become so screwed up? Oh yeah, about three years ago... I closed my eyes and drifted into a heavy slumber...

--

I slowly woke up, I was never a morning person. I rubbed my puffy eyes from crying last night and yawned. I quickly changed into a simple and light outfit. I was eager to get out of the inn, it smelled simply disgusting. I grabbed my key, checked out and jumped in my car.

I drove for about five minutes, when my car suddenly stopped on the side of the road. What the heck? I glanced at my gas tank and realized that it was empty. How did I not notice that before? My mind is so screwed up. I groaned in frustration, why did shit like this always happen to me? I hopped out of my car and decided to walk and find a nearby gas station.

After what felt like hours of walking under the baking sun, I felt like I was about to faint. Hey, at least I'm getting tanner! I thought bitterly, knowing that there was usually absolutely no sun in England. Suddenlly, a large red truck came towards me at an alarming speed, scaring me out of my mind. I quickly bolted to the side of the road and stood on the tall grass that was beside the baking asphalt. Splash! The truck whizzed by, causing a large puddle that was not yet consumed by the scorching heat, to splatter all. over. me.

I clenched my teeth in frustration and anger. Seriously!? I quickly walked back on the side of the road, eager to get out of the plants that were seriously making me itchy at the moment. Now, I didn't care if I had no gas, I was going to stop at the nearest house and take a nice long nap there. I marched on faster, determined to find a place to stay for the night before going to get gas again.

There! I spotted a small brown flat that was almost completely obscured by overgrown plant-life as if it was an old, dangerous secret meant to be forgotten. A chill ran down my body, but I was honestly so tired that I didn't give a shit.

I knocked rapidly on the door, eager to escape the beating heat that was definitely going to burn me. THere was no answer. Wow. This felt like a horror movie. When I'm going to knock on the door, only to have no answer, then go inside by myself, and get killed in the process. Or maybe a ghost will jump out at me. I thought sourly.

And that's exactly what I did. I opened the door.