Chapter 15 - Sheena

I got up at 6:30, still tired from the lack of sleep my rushing mother had caused. I sighed and got up, pushing Francis off of me.
I walked past Elise's door, noticing it was closed but thinking nothing of it.
Walking groggily into the kitchen, I found Charles and Ella in the kitchen, staring quietly at each other.
"Where's Alyssa and Matt?" I asked through a yawn, searching for the ice tea I had somewhere in the fridge.
"They went to breakfast. I guess to talk everything over or something," Charles answered, taking a bite of his toast.
"Did Mom go with them?" I questioned, realizing I hadn't seen her and I didn't know if she had her bedroom door had been closed when she left this morning.
Charles shook his head. "Haven't seen her all morning."
I sighed, taking a sip of my tea, and shook my head. "Go get ready for school. I'll take care of Ella." With that, Charles finished his toast and walked back to his room.
I picked up Ella and cleaned up the last of her uneaten breakfast. "Do you know if Mommy is here?"
Ella shrugged and poked my face.
"Well, I'm going to go check," I sighed, walking Ella up the stairs and putting her in Francis's arms to rest for a few more minutes. 
I slowly walked down the hallway and to Elise's room, stopping in front of the door for a minute. Finally, after way too much contemplation, I turned the door knob and opened the door.
"What the fuck?!"