Elizabeth Keen // 5

I waiter for him inside the shop quietly eyeing people over my newspaper. The door dings and I see him walk in with a woman with brown hair. Elizabeth Keen.

"Radely, Lizzie. Lizzie, Radely." I stick out my hand out for her to shake. She eyes me suspiciously before taking it. "How're the ribs?" I ask her nonchalantly.

"How-"

"There were files on Reddington's desk. Including the fact that you've been pregnant." I inform her, still reading the newspaper. "Ladies be nice." Red reminds, purposefully saying that for me. "Says the devil incarnate." I mutter. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." He commented before starting to order a drink.

"So, what about Tom?" I asked her quietly while Red was at the counter. She gasped. "I don't know who you are and where you get your information but you better filter that mouth."

I shrugged and smiled innocently.

"Alright, we need a lookout for a meeting tomorrow. Which is the reason I needed a sniper." Red said before taking a bite into his croissant. He hummed and looked at me. "You still don't want to go to Amsterdam?" I glared and still kept the paper up. He huffed and snatched it out of my hand.

I heard Liz stifle her laughter. "Still no? Well, where do you want to go?"

"Sniper." I said flatly. He shook his head and took of his hat. "The ambassador for Germany is a good friend of mine who seems to have....swayed. I need someone to make sure Lizzie and myself are in no immediate danger." He said.

"Very well. How much?"

"Is this all just a job to you?" Liz asked. "At the end of the day how do we survive sweetheart? Money." I grab my coat and walk out the door.

I keep walking and retaliate the jealously in the only way I know how. Tears: they slowly pour down my face the further I get away from them. I may seem childish and babyish but when the only person you thought cared about you replaces you, it sucks. I finally make it back to my apartment and lock the door, then I slump down to the floor waiting for someone to make me feel something.

Flashback:

"Good, almost a bullseye." Red said, removing his eyes from the binoculars. I focused on the target for at least a minute; controlling my breathing. I slowly squeezed the trigger.

"Perfect." Red said smiling. I smiled up at him. After we had left the range he had slung his arm around me. "You know Radely for someone as good as you are you don't have much self-confidence."

I shrugged, making his arms moved up. "I guess I've never had anyone to tell me that I'm good." He chuckled, but I could tell it was a forced laugh. "Your grades say that you're good."

"So, that doesn't mean anything. Just 'cause statics say something that doesn't mean people think the same way."

"Radely." He sighed. "You've never been a people pleaser, why now?" He asked. "Because I finally have someone to please." I answered truthfully, looking him straight in the eye.

"I have you."
-Raymond Reddington