Tobias // 11

I sit on a stump outside the cabin, listening to the nature surround me. It sounds odd compared to Washington. "Hello Radely!"

I jump and spin around, making sure I'm facing the man. "Derek." I reply cooly. He smiles innocently. "Red!" I call with a sense of urgency.

I hear footsteps rush out from the house, filled with utter terror he responds rushing, "Radely where are you?"

Before I can even respond he's in front of me. "Derek. What are you doing here?" He protectively pushes me behind him. "Reddington, the Cabal have liked me to inform them that they are most displeased with you-"

He laughed. "What's new?"

Derek's face was dead serious. "Raymond I've known you for awhile now, but that doesn't mean we're friends."

I could tell he raised his eyebrows from the way his shoulder moved. "I've never thought of you that way Derek. And give them a message for me: don't ever come near my family again." His voice was low and dangerous. Derek smiled and waved at me. "To ta lo."

"Crazy bastard." I heard him mutter. "Are you okay, did he touch you?" He brushed a stray piece of hair out of my face. "No, I'm fine Dad. I'm 24. Thanks."

He smiled. Some daughters would expect their dad to hug them, but he was never one of the touchy type. Neither have I. "Lunch is ready. Dembe's going to go run errands. He reckons someone will recognize you or even me." He laughs at this. I smile as we head inside.

"So." He starts, wiping his mouth with a napkin, "how do you like it here?"

"It's fine, different from DC. Quieter." I reply.

He nodded in thought then crossed his arms. "Radely, I must know. Has Derek ever touched you?"

I froze. "Yes dad, of course. I was his prodigy."

He almost made me look up at him. "Not in that way. Radely you know what I'm talking about." I tilted my head so my eyes could meet his. "Red-"

"You don't have to explain."

We sat in silence for the next 5 minutes. "I have one of my associates coming in this afternoon."

"Okay, why do I need to know?" I nervously chuckled. He raised his eyebrows and tilted his head. "He's- just beware of him."

•••••••

I hear a loud knock at they door, and before he could respond I sprinted for the door. Waiting for me is a tall man with dark hair, and very very big ears.

"Uh, can I help you?"

"Reddington." He stated flatly, he clearly caught me staring at his ears.

"Sorry." I let him in.

I saw him look at me suspiciously before putting out his hand. "Tobias."

"Radely." I reply, shaking his hand. He grinned then cheekily said. "Well at least I'm not the only one with a strange name."

I rolled my eyes. "Really?" He shrugged then went past me. "Mr. Douglas." Dad greeted him with a smile and a brief nod. He looked at me. "Don't eavesdrop."

For once I decided to listen. Dembe had gone into the office with them so I was alone. Like I've been since forever.

I sat by the stream at the back of the house skipping rocks when I heard the glass door slide open. My head jerked towards it.

Tobias was leaning against the frame.

"Can I help you?" I said, then returned to skipping rocks. I heard the leaves crunch underneath his shoes. "No, I'm quite self-sufficient."

"Please enlighten me. I've always been told that all men rely on women for everything."

He laughed, his voice was deep.

"You're funny, ya' know that?" His accent sounded like one you might hear in West Indiana. "Yep, hear it all the time." I respond sarcastically.

He leans down besides me and picks up a rock. "Ya' know I used to do this all the time. Pretended they were meteorites, and the fishes were Han, Leia, Luke, and Chewie." He grinned and skipped one.

"Star Ward fan, eh?" I asked as I skipped another rock. He nodded. "Geek."

"Hey!" He bellowed. "I was a loner." He pouted. "Stop being a baby." I playfully stuck my tongue out at him.

He made a face at me. "You're sooooooo immature."

"Yeah right." I chunked a rock into the stream, which caused water to get on his shoes. "What the hell kid, these were new."

I laughed when he lunged for me. Instead of tackling me into the grass behind us, he started to use his fingers to tickle my sides. "Stop, that tickles!" I shrieked. I heard the someone stomp onto the patio.

"Tobias!" Dad shouted.

"Oh shit." He muttered. He quickly backed up and began to apologize.

He glared daggers at me. When he went back inside Tobias started. "Well....now I'm in deep shit."

He smirked at me the pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket.

"Those'll kill you." I said to him.

He smirked again. "Yeah I know."

No wonder Dad had warned me.

If you haven't seen Star Wars tfa , don't read down below.
So I might have a "slight" obsession with Adam Driver. And yes I do ship Reylo (a little) but I do think they're related some how. So yeah, Idek on how I'm going to play Tobias out, meh comment with suggestions pls!