Finding Out The Truth // 9

I watched the rain fall on my window, today Reddington had gone into the P.O with Dembe so I was stuck alone(ish, there is Tom). I decided to do some snooping. I mean he wouldn't find out, would he? Just to be careful I grabbed a new pare of latex gloves from my luggage.

I entered the code I had seen him out in last night to the safe. Piles and piles of folders and paperwork were in here. I looked at the clock, 11:57 AM, Reddington said he wouldn't be back until 4ish.

••••••••

I was just about to give up until I came across one that had "Radely" written over in Red.

It was pretty thick, Reddington had to put clips on it so stuff wouldn't fall out. I sifted through all the useless photos of myself and the training days until I found my birth certificate.

Radely Josephine Chloe Reddington.

Born April 10, 1992

Mother: Margaret Anne Daniels

Father: Raymond Robert Reddington.
I heard someone clear their throat behind me. My head snapped towards the noise. "Hello Radely, I supposed I couldn't keep you away from the truth any longer." Red said, sadly smiling.

"You lied to me." I whispered, my hands started to bunch into fists.

He shook his head. "No sweetheart, what I told you was true. Your father died many years ago, I am a man who had killed countless of people without a thought of consequence. Your father would've never...and I mean never done something as monstrous as that." He explained. My eyes pricked with tears.

"You left me."

He shook his head again and came and sat down next to me. "No sweetheart, I found out that I had another daughter when you were 13. I had no idea you even existed until then." He pushed a strand of hair out of my face.

I should be screaming at him right now, trying to hurt him as much as I can for all the pain he's put me through. But here I am; eventually I fall into his chest and cry my eyes out.

He set me down in his bed, my eyes struggling to stay open. "Close your eyes, 'Josie." He kissed my forehead and I drifted off to sleep.