Love; I never knew what I was missing

When they alived at the hospital they quicklychecked Charity out. As they where driving home, Helen thought to herself why was a mother would not go visit her daughter at the hospital, especially seeing as she was there for 2 weeks and not once did she visit Charity. 

"So Charity, hunny did Linda come to visit you when you was in the hospital?" Helen asked. She didn't want to pry but she had to know.

"Well, no but I am sure she is busy nowadays. With her working at the hairdressers and all"-Charity lied. She hated putting her mom in a bad spot.

"how many times has she called u" Helen pried further.

"Hey miss Helen. I don't want to be rude but can we change the subjec pleaset" Charity replied

"Sure hunny, I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable" she said. Kelis jumped in. 

"Hey, mom just drop the subject please" she said.

"Sure, so Char, where should I drop you off?" She pried further ignoring the girls request.

"Well, like, you see, what had happened was my mother has not returned my phone calls and I don't know if I..." Charity was quickly save by Kelis

"Hey moms, can she stay with us, pleeeeeeeaseeeeee" Kelis said

"Sure baby. You know Char is always welcome. And you can wear the clothes from the hospital for today and tomorrow I will take you girls to the mall" she replied smiling. The girls the in sync shouted "SHOPPING" and burst out laughing. 

Charity then went quite. She was thinking about TreVaughn, he came to visit her at the hospital a few times but she told the nurses she didn't want to see him. He tried to call her and sent her ALOTof flowers but she wasn't having any of that. In her eyes TreVaughn had truly back stabbed her. What he did was so spiteful. The only reason he spoke to her was out of spite and the only reason he started to talk to her was badmind. If she was still the same Charity he seen at lunch now, he would have played her so in her mind he was attracted to her because she had changed her looks, his love for her was superficial so he can keep his Flowers and cards. she can do bad all by herself. Kelis snapped her out of her daze

"Yay, you're staying at my house" and she hugged her uncomfortably. Kelis thought The gang had been depressed without her, well Shaunie being an exception. But TreVaughn was love sick and Mike felt so guilty because without him, Charity would still be there with them. And Kelis was crying every night but she was hiding it from everyone. She didn't know Charity meant this much to her until now. Shaunie was getting on her nerves. It seems she was obsessed with Charity and how she was feeling but she didn't want to visit her at the hospital. It made no sense. Soon after Keliswas too brought out of her daze and she and Charity spoke mindless chatter. And Helen was left thinking to herself.

She was bewildered at how a mother would go 2 weeks without speaking or seeing her daughter. Especially if she was at the hospital. Was Linda a human being? She was sure she practiced Jujubecause no mother would be so sadistic. Where are morals? she has always been like this. Linda. But Helen thought that was none of her business seeing as Charity wasn't her child. When they was younger you would see Linda leave Charity at home so she can go clubbing or when she was dropping Charity at school Linda would be looking superb while Charity had bogeys coming out of her nose, her hair in a mess and her uniform wasn't sitting right. Linda had no morals. AsCharity was turning 17, Linda had to fix up or give Charity up. Simple. She even suggested that Linda should give Charity up to her and she would adopt her with no problems. But Linda adamantlydenied doing that. She was hiding something and Helen was going to find out. She was interupted from her thoughts.