Three

"Alexis, get up!"

Slowly, I rolled my head toward the direction of the sound, my mother

I groggily responded a quiet 'no'.

"Alexis, come on."

I turned over and pulled the covers up more, my feet securing them in place.

"Okay, you asked for it missy."

With a bright flash, my father opened my curtains letting in the 2 o' clock daylight. I let out a scream and dove back under the sheets.

Meanwhile, my father was literally rolling on the floor with laughter while my mother was scolding him. She was trying to hold in her laughter, covering her mouth.

I grumbled, grabbed my phone, and got out of bed to make me some breakfast.

"Wait no! Don't go in there! Lights!", cried my father, thinking he was funny.

I continued on to the kitchen and made waffles and some strawberries. Just before putting on the syrup I heard the familiar ringtone. I glanced over at my phone to see the joyful face of Alder.

"Hey beautiful." he greeted me.

"Uh hey babe."

I heard him sigh as he replied.

"Are you just now waking up?"

"...Yeah."

"It's already 2:00 there! It's 11:00 here and I thought I was waking up late."

"Well don't you know me? I'm a night owl and get up late." I laughed.

"Yeah yeah I know you."

"I know you too."

There was a long pause before he spoke up.

"Uhm, listen babe. I gotta go but stay happy, okay? In about two minutes call me back. I know you're going to anyways."

"Okay, bye darling."

I sighed loudly and put my phone down on the counter loudly.

"Sweetie, calm down.", my mother said.

I frowned.

"Oh don't be like that ."

"But .. but .. I miss him."

"Well we got something that will cheer you up."

She pulled a small piece of paper from behind her back.

It was then I realized it was a plane ticket.

Tokyo, Japan.

Alder.