Four

As I got off the plane and into the terminal my phone started buzzing.

It was him.

"Hello?"

"Hey, sorry I'm probably waking you up."

"No, I'm wide awake."

"Oh okay. Just wanted you to know that Japan is awesome."

"You're right Alder, it is."

"Yeah I wish you were here.", he said with a small laugh.

I inhaled and said, "I am."

There was a pause before he continued.

"Where?"

"Airport in the 2nd - "

The phone cut off before I could say anything else.

When I got my bags together, I sat outside and called a taxi, not really knowing how but I think I managed.

I was here, alone. My parents had given me two thousand dollars but I don't know how that would pay for everything. Food, hotel, and material items.

I saw a taxi coming up and got up hoping it was for me.

The woman beside me got up too and I realized that it was for her when I saw what I suppose her name was on the windshield.

My phone started ringing. It was a number I didn't recognize, but it rang up as the airport services.

"Ma'am it'll be awhile until we get a taxi here. Backed up."

And with that they hung up.

I started to grab my stuff when I heard a familiar voice.

"Alexis, stop!"

I turned around to see his brown eyes and shaggy brown hair with his hoodie hanging over his face just short enough so I could see his eyes.

It seemed like time stood still in that moment there.

I don't know who ran for who first but before I knew it my bags were on the ground and my arms tightly around Alder. We stayed there for a couple of seconds and then he loosened enough so I could see his face and his mine.

"I missed you." He said seeing the sadness in my eyes.

"I missed you too."