Ten

Enjoying the last I would see of Japan in awhile, I walked the streets in silence. Alder was already back at the hotel but I had asked to stay behind. He objected, wanting to spend time with me. I went knowing that if I stayed at the hotel it would be full of tears and misery.

See. Alder lives in Seattle. I live in North Carolina. We are almost 3000 miles away. Here we are, only 2 miles away and I'm not spending time with him.

It's like dramatic irony that I already know.

I pulled out my iPod, not wanting to look at my phone because I know there would be messages from him. Shuffling through the songs, I came across "All About Us" by He Is We.

It's one of the songs that reminds me of him and I couldn't bring myself away.

My hair blew in the small breeze that came about as I looked at my feet walking along the sidewalk.

The sunset that was on the horizon almost every night was now dull, laced with hints of rain.

I would never come back here again. It was the least I could do to take in the small things. I looked up and realized I was at the local market that Alder and I had come to many times.

Everything I looked at reminded me of him.

I didn't realize the song had changed and now it was playing "Kiss It Better" by He Is We. Tears formed in my eyes as the lyrics played through.

"She cried kiss it all better. I'm not ready to go, it's not your fault love, you didn't know."

Ignoring the shouts and stares, I ran back to the hotel as fast as I could. Everything was a blur and he was my reality. I needed him here with me right now.

Running through the lobby and up the stairs, not waiting for the elevator, the tears poured down my face. I would never see him again. This was all I had left and time was running from me much like the ebb of the ocean.

I pulled out the card and pratically jumped through the door. He was sitting there on the couch, his head in his hands, and his face was red.

He looked up and I let out a small sigh as I ran across the room and was instantly wrapped in his warm embrace. We were both crying at this point and were shaking. He held me closer and then looked at me.

"Alexis you would never believe me if I said I love you but I do. I love you with everything I have."

He took my hands and continued.

"You're amazing in every way I could ask for. Please never leave me."

I leaned in with a shaky breath and he did too. Our lips met in a sad passionate kiss. His forehead laid again mine and his hand was on my cheek.

We stayed there for a moment as I took in everything about him.

I pulled back and repeated the words in my head I had recited a million times.

"I love you too. I will never leave you, I will always be with you."

---

SORRY OMFG.

ANOTHER SUCKY CHAPTER I KNOW.

I'll probably add more later. I'm so freaking sorry for this chapter.

Leave feedback below and be sure to vote. c:

Only a few more chapters left and I'll be done!