Chapter 2: Hogwarts

They followed the other first years to the great common hall were all the Hogwarts students and teachers were waiting. Unlike the most others especially John, Ciel could care less about the teachers and the headmaster Dumbledore. In fact he could care less about anyone but he did care of how he would abuse his powers. That was something John knew and had given up on telling him it was wrong. Unfortunately even as he cared for his friend he already knew he was on the way to hell.

Ciel and John spotted a hat on a stool. They snickered at the thought how the girls would do their funny hat song when they saw this one. The hat started singing not much to their surprise since Lucy had been reading all about Hogwarts and not spared them any information at all.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted" the teacher Minerva McGonall told the students.

She called up the students one and one as they went to their respective households.

"Phantomhive Ciel!" she called out and he walked up to the stage.

He sat down on the stool and she put the hat on him. His bored expression made John chuckle.

After a few tries of trying to read the boy's head the hat finally gave up and said "SLYTHERIN, LORDS QUARTERS". He hopped of the stool and went to his household were everyone was cheering and welcoming him. But he could care less about them.

"Watson John!".

Like Ciel he went up.

But unlike him the hat could read his mind. He saw what a good moral compass John had despite his friends. Or it might actually had been thanks to them that his arrow was pointing upwards. John was also very hardworking like his parents... so obviously "HUFFLEPUFF".

He was greeted warmly by his table which he felt he belonged to.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~

Ciel found the school rather entertaining but at the same time boring. He got sorted into Slytherin, obviously, seeing as his parents were slytherines too. In a matter of just few days he had taken over The Slytherin houshold and become their ruler. All the slytherins feared him yet couldn't help but admiring him, too. They looked up to him and even had made a throne, with the help of his demon servant, Sebastian, in their common hall were Ciel would sit in if he weren't in his quarters sleeping.

But even as he was the slytherins lord he still continued to talk to John or at least say "Good morning" to him unlike what he did to others.

And then you would think Dumbledore would do something about this. Well, he didn't do a thing. Of course he was opposed to the thought of having his students worshipping someone so blindly. But at the same time he knew the boy was a good one even if he could be a bit mean when yelling at people. He didn't really hurt them. Well, he did hurt them when yelling but that was a given when he taught someone a lesson. And if there was someone going against him he would just ignore them, not paying them any attention. Though his position in school was completely unfair to the others he knew that the slytherins would need a leader who could control and keep an eye on them. And that's what Ciel Phantomhive did rather than conspiring with them to take over the school. Which he knew the boy found boredom in. And it was all probably due to his down to earth friend John Watson who Dumbledore had taken a liking to also. He knew that boy was the one and only to be able to control Ciel and stop him from doing something very wrong.

Also his family was pretty well off. Of course Dumbledore knew his parents wouldn't do a thing to the school or him if he decided to expel their son or give him some sort of punishments. Unlike the other parents of some slytherins. But he was also scared of them since they all had a demon serving them. And demons were far more powerful beings than wizards. Dumbledore would not stand a chance against them. But that was what he liked about the Phantomhive family. Although they had so much power that they could even take over the world they wouldn't. Instead they would keep serving the Queen as her watchdogs.