Chapter 5.

Chapter 5.

"Room 341." The secretary told Ryder sweetly. "The doctor may be in there so knock before you enter."

"Thank you." Ryder replied quickly anxious to see Maia. He turned to his mum and sister and related the information. Before long they were walking up the hall on the third floor.

"304...317...326..." He muttered under his breath. "341." He stood in front of the door. Too scared to enter. His mum and sister stood behind him and his mum gently touched his shoulder.

"It'll be fine." She whispered in his ear. " Now go, Felicity and I will wait here for a bit then come in. Okay?"

Ryder smiled "thanks mum." He gave her a quick hug then turned to face the door. He knocked on the door and when a voice from inside allowed him entry he walked inside.

The hospital room was small, classic hospital style. White, clean, pristine. There were plastic chairs along one wall and a bed placed in the middle of the room. The doctor, who had greying hair and kind blue eyes, sat in one of the chairs while the bed was occupied by Maia. Ryder breathed a sigh of relief he didn't even know he was holding when he saw Maia.

"You're alright." He almost sobbed. A giant smile spreading across his face. Maia smiled back at him warmly. The doctor then stood up and walked over to Ryder.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Stevenson." He said presenting his hand for Ryder to shake.

"Hello, I'm Ryder." He replied shook his had politely.

"Well I believe your come to see Maia?"

"Yes." He replied quickly. Wanting to talk to Maia as soon as possible.

"Well if you'd just step outside with me for a moment."

He walked out with him. His mum and sister were gone as he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He grabbed it and checked it.

'Gone to get refreshments. Text if you need us.'

'Wow.' He thought 'I had barely been in there five minutes and they had already left.' He rolled his eyes and placed his phone back in his pocket.

"So, Ryder. What kind of relationship did you have with Maia?"

"Umm." He blushed slightly. "I don't know really. We kinda started dating yesterday before, you know."

"Okay. So were you close?"

"Yes. We're best friends. We have been since 3rd grade." He replied

"Okay then. We might have some luck here then."

"What does that mean?" He asked, now getting worried.

"We'll, Ryder. This might be a bit hard for you." He was becoming more worried by each word. "But when Maia had her accident. She lost some of her memory."

Ryder gasped and stared at the doctor in disbelief.

"But she still might remember you since you knew her when she was younger. She still remember her family and name and person characteristics but she doesn't remember school." He reassured.

"Can I see her though." Ryder asked desperate to talk to her.

"Sure. I just wanted to warn you. I'll stay out here. Call if you need me." He gestured toward the room and Ruder walked back in.

"Hello Maia." He said, hoping that she would remember him.

"Hi, it's..." Those few seconds of pause almost killed Ryder. "It's Ryder. Isn't it?"

"Yes. Yes it is." He gushed. Beaming from ear to ear. He breathed a sigh of relief when Maia smiled back at him.

His smile dropped and he felt like crying when he heard what came next.

"Yeah. I met you yesterday. Right?"

***Authors Note***

Yay! I updated. Aren't you proud of me! I was thinking about putting this one on pause and focusing on my other book and the one in writing that isn't on wattpad. But then I was having so much fun writing this chapter that I decided not to so I hope you enjoy it.

Yes. I know it's short. I wanted to leave it on that scene but I didn't want to drag everything else on. I will try to make the other one longer. I'll see how I go.

So...

COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE or WHATEVER!!

Love ya. Leave ya.