Chapter 3.

💙Chapter 3💙

Ryder instantly dropped their fairy floss and ran towards where Elle had come from. He arrived at a group of students and other caring carnival goers. He barged his way through the crowd until she was standing in front of Maia. She was sprawled over the ground, her dark hair flying out over her shoulder. Ryder dropped to his knees next to Maia and grabbed her hand.

"Maia!" he called to her. There was no response.

"Please be alright. Please be alright." he muttered under his breath. There was a gentle touch on his shoulder. He turned to see Ellaina.

"She'll be fine Ryder. And stop running off like that, I'm exhausted." she laughed lightly then sat down next to Ryder. She put her arm around his shoulders.

"She's is a strong girl, She'll pull through, I'm sure of it."

Ryder put his arm around Elle and let the tears that were threatening to fall, fall.

"I hope so Elle," he let out a quiet sob. "I hope so."

The ambulance arrived and beside all Ryder's pleading, he could not go with her. He called his mum to pick him up and pleaded with her to take her to the hospital.

"Pleeeease mum." He pleaded.

"No Ryder." she said firmly.

"But I..."

"NO!" she yelled, a bit louder than she intended.

"Look, She'll probably be in emergency until later tonight, and she probably won't be able to have visitors until tomorrow. So I'll take you tomorrow. Okay?"

"Fine!" he huffed angrily and slid down into his seat. His phone vibrated indicating he had a text message. He decide to ignore it. When he arrived home his phone vibrated again. This time constantly, indicating a call. He fished it out of his pocket and flipped it open. The ID flashed on the screen, it was Elle. He wasn't really in the mood for talking so he rejected the call and shoved it back ing his pocket as he walked through his front door. His younger sister, Felicity, was still at home and she yelled her greeting from where she was curled up on the sofa.

"Hey Ry." she called out, her head poking over the back of the lounge.

"Hi Felicity." he replies sullenly. Felicity looks at Ryder skeptically then looks at Jenna (their mum) with a look of 'what's up with him? Tell me now or I'll kill you' look. Ryder recognises the look and sighs.

"I'm fine. Maia just had an accident at the carnival and I'm worried, okay."

"Oh yeah. Cause you're in loooove." she say playfully.

"Oh, your gonna get it." he warns and walks towards the lounge. He leans over the lounge and starts tickling felicity.

"aahhhhh!" she screams while laughing hysterically. "Stop it!" she laughs and tries to slap his hands away.

"Ryder! Felicity! Bed!" Jenna yells from the kitchen.

"But mu..." Felicity starts.

"BED!" Jenna cuts in. Felicity turns around and starts to walk down the hall towards her bedroom. Ryder flops down on the lounge where his sister was sitting.

"You too Ryder!"

"What!?!" Ryder sulks slightly and walks towards his bedroom. He can hear Felicity laughing slightly as he passes her room. He storms into his room and flops onto his bed. Against his will, his eyes droop close and he sifts off to sleep, anxiously waiting to see Maia.

***Authors Note***

Again. So sorry. This is chapter 3. Again.

Please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!

G.