Chapter 7

Chapter 7.

Maia walked groggily back to her room. It wasn't as bad this time just a change of bandage and an adjustment to her medication. She still hated it though. She hated the feeling of depending on everyone an not being able to do things herself. She hated that she had cousins and friends visit her and that she couldn't remember who they were. And Ryder. Oh Ryder.

She felt so bad when she saw how upset she was. She thought that she might be regaining some memory back when she remembered his name and he wasn't immediate family but it seemed that they had known each other for longer. And he seemed like a nice guy. And someone that she would be friends with. But she couldn't help but feel like they had...something. And she felt horrible about it. What if they were in a serious relationship and she just said, "oh, I met you yesterday." Wow. She felt like she must've sounded really mean.

Ahh. Why is this so hard. Losing her memory was taking its toll on Maia. And it was starting to show. The doctor said she would be able to leave hospital in a few days then be back to school in a couple of weeks. If she liked. Maia was worried about school. She seemed to remember all the work and general knowledge but everyone at school she wouldn't know, she'd have to go through the whole 'making friends' process all over again. Although she was becoming friends with Ryder again so she might have some help there.

She lay on her bed and stared up at the roof. Plain white. As was everything else in the room. Classic hospital style. She hated the place. Her room at home and a swirl of pastel colours on the ceiling. Pink, blues, oranges. And the walls were a violet colour. She hated being in a place that was lacking so much I'm colour.

She was happy with we doctor though. He was professional and for things done efficiently but was kind and always talked to Maia about what she was going through and her response to the treatment. He was the only person that knew Maia's inner feelings about the accident and the hospital.

Her thoughts of turmoil and hatred tired her out and eventually she fell asleep, letting her anxious mind rest.

***Authors Note***

So. I know it's been, what, 2 days maybe. Since I posted my authors note saying I was going to start a new posting regime. Well. This was ready by today (Thursday.) and I didn't want to wait. So I'm ending that plan. And if your reading this in the future. Ignore what I just said because I have deleted that note.

Anyway. Sorry for the short update.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE or WHATEVER.

Love ya. Leave ya.

GG.