Gravity Falls Theory

*So I've figured out what kind of Gravity Falls fan I am--I'm a Dipper. Like in the picture above, making crazy theories and trying to figure out things XD There'll be spoilers and stuff, so...you know. I guess you wouldn't read this chapter if you haven't seen all of the show yet, but I'm putting the warning here just in case.*

Maybe this was covered already, but I haven't seen anything explaining it yet. 

This question always bugged me, ever since I saw Carpet Diem--even though that was the first GF episode I watched. (I started theorizing in an early stage of fangirling I guess XD)

My question is this, and it applies to Sock Opera as well as Carpet Diem:

How did no one in the show notice that something was up with the characters?

Dipper and Mabel switched bodies, and no one seemed to notice. Dipper (in Mabel's body) spent an hour, or even longer, with Candy and Grenda, who didn't notice anything. Mabel (in Dipper's body) spent the same amount of time with Stan, who hadn't noticed something was up with 'Dipper'.

In Sock Opera, Bill Cipher possessed Dipper, and no one noticed he was acting strange? At all?

That just seems fishy to me.

And, the weird thing is, in Carpet Diem Soos spent a while in Waddles' body, wandering the town. The only person to come across him was Old Man McGucket, who announced his intention to eat 'Waddles'. Soos said, "No, I'm a man trapped in the body of a pig!" To which McGucket replied, "That's what they all say!"

That's what they all say. Now, why is it that no one noticed Dipper and Mabel's switched voices, but McGucket could hear what Soos said? Unless all he heard was 'oink, oink, oink,' because...that really is what all pigs say. But as it's unclear what McGucket heard, I'll have to go with the idea that he heard Soos' words, not a pig's oinks.

Let's fast forward to Sock Opera, with Bill possessing Dipper's body. No one noticed the eyes or the voice, apparently--except us, the watchers of the show. We were seeing the episode from Dipper's point of view, so of course we could see Spirit Dipper, although no one in the show could. Does this mean we were the only ones who could see the eyes and hear Bill's voice?

Same with Carpet Diem: were we the only ones who could hear Dipper and Mabel's voices in the different bodies?

I don't think so. 

At the end of Carpet Diem, almost everyone in the episode is in the room with the electron carpet, switching bodies with each other. They all mention things about how what they feel like in the switched bodies, but no one says anything new voices, which probably means they all hear each other normally: i.e. even though Candy finds herself in Dipper's body, she and everyone else seems to hear her normal voice.

If everyone hears their normal voice, even with the switched bodies, this means that McGucket understanding Soos makes sense, right?

Right. But it still doesn't help our problem that for the entire episode, no one noticed that Dipper and Mabel sounded different than usual. I mean, just saying--if I was having a sleepover with Mabel that night, I think I'd notice if her voice was like two octaves lower than usual.

Also, if everyone noticed the changes in voice in Carpet Diem, then why did no one notice the change in eyes and voicewith Dipper in Sock Opera? 

SO MANY QUESTIOOONSSSS!!! *question marks falling on Mr. Mystery*

Here's more fuel for the fire: in Dipper And Mabel Vs. The Future, Blendin walked up to Mabel with promises of a long summer if she would only give him what he wanted. We heard Blendin's normal voice, right? It wasn't until after we knew he was Bill that we saw the eyes, the voice, and everything.