A Mess At The Waffle House

(Stacy's POV)

I'm still pissed at Lauren because of the day before so I decide to pull a small prank on her. Well it's not really a prank but whatever. It'll piss her off. I woke up early with a pain in my neck from sleeping on the couch. I then decide to sneak into Lauren's room since she never locks her door. After I snuck into her room I quietly walk to her bed and put my face just a few inches from hers. "How the hell am I supposed to get in my room?" I scream as loud as possible, probably waking up Lacey as well.

"What the fuck?" Lauren screams back at me, jumping from surprise.

"Bwahahahahahaha!" I burst out laughing. "I scared you!" I say in between fits of laughter.

"That's not funny" Lauren mumbled under her breath.

"Yea it is. But regardless, get dressed. We're going to go get some food at the Waffle House.

"Ew, why the Waffle House?"

"Because it's in Joplin. Maybe we'll find Christopher Drew."

"Oh my fucking God, really?"

"Yeah. He's tweeting that he's on his way home to get some Waffles. With a capital W in waffle, implying the Waffle House. Anyway, I can't wake Lacey up to get out of bed so we're gonna eat there and just bring something for her."

"Let's get her something gross, as punishment for not waking up," Lauren says, following with her creepy evil giggle.

I shrug my shoulders. "Sure, why not?"

We both hear a rustling come from Lacey's room. Lauren looks at me, then grabs my hand and dashes out the door. "Quick, let's leave before Lacey gets up." She frantically whispers in my ear. Again I just shrug my shoulders and do what Lauren says. Just like usual. That's just the easiest thing to do most of the time. We get to about the end of the block when Lauren's phone starts playing some Pierce The Veil song. That's Lacey's ringtone. Neither of us have to look at the phone to know who it is. But it continues to play and Lauren looks like she has no intentions of picking up her phone.

"Are you not gonna answer your phone?"

"Pssh no, It's Lacey. She's just gonna be calling to ask what the fuck."

Lauren's phone then becomes quiet, followed by the beginning of my phone playing Candyland by BOTDF. Which is Lacey's ringtone of my phone. Lauren grabs my phone and looks at it to see who she probably assumed it was, since she's not as familiar with everyone's ringtone of my phone.

She sets the phone down on the dash and let's it play through the song. "Why don't you just answer her? That would make this so much more easier."

"I already told you why. And if it's the music that's bothering you I'll just turn both ringers off. That way we also have an reason for not answering her. Neither of us ever heard the phones. Wink, wink."

"Wink, wink." I say back to her half-heartedly.

Wink wink is just a little thing Lauren and I do together. Obviously, I can't wink and drive at the same time because that would be distracting to me. But that's not even the reason we do it. It's mostly because I can't wink. Well I think I can, but Lauren says I can't.

"Yaas bitch yaas" Lauren cheered.

"A'ight," I say as I pull the car into the closest parking spot I could get. "Get out of my car."

"Excuse you! Your car?"

"Yes. My car."

"Um, I helped pay for that car!."