An Abondoned Warehouse

(Stacy's POV)

“Can’t you guys wait until you KNOW we’re not going to be here for a while or at least like get a room or something? Even I don’t want to see this so I don’t
know why you think Lauren would.” I have nothing more to say to the two of them
so I just walk away.

The first thing I go to do is check on Lauren and see if she’s okay. I try to turn the knob but find it’s locked. I begin to knock, but decide against it at the last
I should just leave her alone instead. minute.

So instead of knocking I back away and head to my room. I’m not sure what Lacey and Doubleday are doing but I hear
a quiet bickering and an opening and closing of the front door. I’m not sure who,
but I know at least one of them left. Probably Doubleday or both of them since it’d be kinda weird if Doubleday stayed and Lacey left, considering Lacey’s the only one that likes him right now.

I go to my room and notice my closet is open and there’s a single empty hanger.

That’s weird. I always close my closet before I leave and I never leave a hanger.

“Knock, knock.” I hear Lacey’s voice from down the hall. She’s not at my door I can tell. She shouldn’t be bothering Lauren. At least not yet.

“What do you want?” I hear Lauren say between sobs.

“I’m sorry. Lauren, do you want to go for a drive?”

“No. I want to stay here. Go for a drive by yourself.” She yells back at her.

Ring. Ring. Now my phone. Why can’t there ever be any peace and quiet. I look at the caller ID and see it’s Destanee. That’s weird I haven’t heard from her in
ages. I go ahead and decide to answer.

“Hello?” I ask her.

“Omg, I just had the greatest idea ever!” She screams into the phone.

“Calm down. What is it?”

“So I was driving and I saw that there was a warehouse, like an abandoned one. You following me?” She asks me then immediately starts talking again before I have any sort of chance to answer.

“Okay, so the warehouse was for sale, there was a sign in front of it and everything. I also knew you guys were making a band
so I figured you’d need a workspace. Right? Well I bought it.”

“You did what?” I half-yelled at her.

“I bought an abandoned warehouse.”

“Of course you did.” I mumble shaking my head. “And how do you plan on making monthly payments on it?” I ask her, hating to be the bearer of bad news.

“That’s the thing!” She yells. “I don’t have to make monthly payments. It’s been on the market so long they told me if I could front a million dollars cash, they’d sell it to me and I wouldn’t have to make monthly payments. So I sold my house and I’m going to live in there with all your guys’ band stuff.”

“I guess that could work…” I tell her reluctantly. “I’ll ask the others what they think.” I tell her. I don’t really care for the idea but she seems so happy I can’t bear to let her down so fast.

I walk out to the living room and walk over to Lacey. “You’ll never guess who just called me.” I tell her.

“Destanee. I know. She was texting me while on the phone with you.”

“Wow, she’s really excited about that.” Slam! We both hear the slam of Lauren’s door hitting the wall from opening it so hard.

“Oh my fucking god!” She screams. “Did you get the text message from Destanee too? She got an abandoned warehouse for us!”
“Oh god.” I mumble. “Lauren you can’t be serious.