Nilesy

[Liam]

[56 Days In]

Liam traveled through the woods, the shovel at hand. It was well past the night, and Liam knew, but didn't want to admit, that he was lost.

"Elly? Hannah? Kim?" Liam tried, calling loudly. His heart was racing, and he wondered why he even considered coming out here in the first place. Every shadow scared him, making him jump every few seconds. It was only made worse with the constant threat that a zombie could come out of nowhere and kill him on the spot.

Shaking the thought from his head, Liam continued his trek in the forest. He could hardly see two feet in front of him. He held out the shovel in front of him in case he was about to run into something. 

After a few more hours of walking, he decided to sit down and rest. He managed to find a tree in the darkness, and sat down to rest his legs. But instead of just resting, Liam ended up falling asleep beside the tree.

***

Liam woke up to the sound of growling. He opened his eyes to see a zombie just a distance away, eating a rabbit. It hadn't noticed him yet, but it was bound to. He held on his shovel tight. Then something occurred to him; where did the zombie come from? There hadn't been any the past three weeks, why was there suddenly one in front of him?

Liam must've made some movement, because the zombie looked up at him. It made a louder growl, and limped towards him.

Liam quickly stood up, shovel at ready. When the zombie was close enough, he hit it over the head with a shovel. It was dazed, then Liam hit it again, making it fall to the ground. He bashed it over and over again, spitting blood and skull pieces everywhere. When it finally stopped moving, Liam took deep breaths and looked around. There weren't any more zombies anywhere.

Liam spotted something out of the corner of his eye. There was a peak of what looked like a building.

He walked through the forest towards the peak. Maybe there was a town, or civilization!

The former Youtuber walked for about an hour before reaching the town. It looked pretty much abandoned. Not a zombie in sight. Still, Liam held the shovel as he surveyed through the town, ready to bash someone's head in.

But nothing showed up. The streets stayed empty, besides the flying newspapers in the wind. Liam picked one up and read the headline.

'Is the End of the World Upon Us?'

It then told different stories across the country about people being eaten by other people. There was an interview from a witness, along with a photo. The date was back to two months ago.

"Has it really been two months since this stuff started?" Liam asked to no one.

"Yup, I guess so."

Liam spun around at the sound of a voice, giving a startled squeak. A man with black hair and matching dark eyes stood behind him. He chuckled at the Scotsman's reaction. 

"Who are you?" Liam asked, raising his shovel as menacing as he could. The other guy didn't seem impressed.

"I'm Derek," Said the man. "We got a couple of people in a building near here. Who are you?"

"Ni-" Liam began. He stopped himself when he realized that 'Nilesy' would sound strange. "Liam. My name's Liam."

Derek nodded. "You alone?"

"Um," Liam started. "I was with two people. We were running out of food, so I went out to look for some. But, I sorta got.... uh.... lost." He finished sheepishly.

Derek looked at him in disbelief. "You got lost?"

"Yeah," Liam said, rubbing the back of his head. "I don't know where I am or where they are. Could you possibly help me find them...?"

Derek thought for a moment. "...Sure. But first, why don't you come with me, and we'll get you rested up and fed. Then we'll help you find your friends, okay?"

Liam was also in thought for a while. Then he nodded. "Only if you bring food with you when we leave."

"Okay. Let's go." Derek said. He began to walk, Liam following.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this was so short, I couldn't think of anything for Nilesy!!! D: Anyways, there's only going to be two more parts of this, but it'll be worth it!!!