Why Me?

"Child, You, like I said, are special. You have to stay here with me. You already have no one to go to, except me."
I felt a ping of guilt as he said that. Why have I done that to my family? I also have no friends. What have I become? these thoughts turned over and over in my mind. SlenderMan saw my guilt, so he scooted a little closer to me and layed a tentacle around my shoulder.
"I am sorry, child, I am all you have now, but your family is always in your heart." I didn't want to hear what he was saying, I had started crying. Slender held me in his arms as tears rolled down my cheeks. "it is ok, child, u have me now, their is nothing to fear." I stayed crying in his arms, as footsteps came down the stairs.
"Who's crying?" said a man, just like SlenderMan, but he had no tentacles, and he was wearing glasses, a tan turtle-neck sweater with a red tie, and nice jeans, his nose in a book. He stopped on the last step and looked up from his book. Slender looked up from holding me, and ushered him away. he didn't listen, and walked closer to us. "What is wrong with a girl with nice style like that?"
I looked up to see him a few yards away, his arms crossed, his book in one hand. I smiled, and I could tell that he was smiling back. He walked closer and sat at my other side. He put a hand on my shoulder, his skin warm on mine. A small tear rolled down my face as Slender explained.
He rubbed my back, like how a caring friend would. "Oh, I am so sorry..." he said. I jerked up angrily. I was sick and tired of people feeling sorry for me.
"Hey," I said loudly. "there is NO need to be sorry for me!" Slender patted my shoulder with one of his tentacles and I slumped back down. I quickly apologized. The other man just nodded like he understood.
"No, I am the one who should apologize, I shouldn't have said that..." he said. "Oh, I am sorry, I don't even know your name... I am TrenderMan. If you want, just call me Trender." he held up his pale hand, gesturing for a hand-shake.
"I am Jayden... nice to meet you..." I said shyly.
"Well, Jayden, it was nice to meet you. well, I have to go, I am quite busy..." he got up and started toward the staircase as he called back: "We can talk again sometime, bye." he disappeared up the stairs.
I looked up to Slender, he stared back down to me. "I have a big family..." He smiled as me said that... like a warm smile that you can't even see. I wondered why I felt like I strangely belonged here, I felt wanted. I blushed at the thought, so I looked away sheepishly.
I can sense that you feel something for me, is that true, child"
I looked back up to him. "Yes, I cannot lie to you, I feel a lot about you..." he looked deep into my eyes.
"I am sorry that I have to do this..." he softly grabbed my arm and traces a circle and an X on it. I felt excruciating pain as he was doing this. heat washing over my body. A very sharp pain spread from my back, and soon, the pain subsided. I was breathing hard, and I felt very strange. I looked at my wrist, the symbol of a proxy shown boldly. I took a glance behind me, large, black tentacles lay in light tangles. Using sheer thought, they all moved around me in perfect swerves. "You look more beautiful then ever." he replied.